Code is frequently shared on the GameDev.tv forum often by members of the community seeking an answer to a problem, or by members providing a solution to a problem. Providing consistent, easy to read code makes it easier for the person you are trying to help, or, for the people you are seeking help from.
Code formatting is essential for readability, please consider your community and take an extra moment to format your code in your post.
Applying code formatting;
On a new line, enter three ` characters
On the next line, paste / start writing your code
On a new line after your code, enter three ` characters
The preview pane displays how your code will look once posted
With code formatting applied correctly, syntax highlighting will also be applied to your code, this further enhances the experience of the reader.
- How can I edit a post?
- How to apply basic formatting within your post
- How can I add images to my posts?
- Which image formats can I include in my posts?
- Why can’t I include more than three pictures in my post?
- How can I add hyperlinks to websites and other resources in my posts?
- Why can’t I include more than two links in my post?
- How to add a poll / survey within your post
- How to embed a YouTube video within your post
- How to embed a SketchFab 3D model within your post
- How can I prevent Oneboxing in my post?
- What is Onebox?