Audio not working in next level

so i had unchecked my box for the audio because i didnt want to hear it while testing out the other parts of the tutorial then when i went to duplicate the scene it was still unchecked in level 2 but i can still hear audio when i enable the audio in main camera on level 1 but not on level 2. ive tried deleting the component in level 2 and putting it back in. i have fixed the issue and had to just reduplicate the first scene once the audio was back on but id like to know why this issue occured and how to fix it in the future so i dont have to do what i just did in case i do alot of stuff in this other scene and then have to redo it all

Hi felixq,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure if I understood you correctly. Why would you disable the sound on the camera? If you don’t want to hear sound while testing your game, you could click the ‘Mute Audio’ button in the game window.

If we disable components in the scenes, we might forget to reenable them. In larger games, this could happen quickly because there are lots of components we usually don’t want to check manually each time. And in larger games, it might also be that we forget what we did a couple of days ago because we are busy solving other problems.

Did you manage to solve the problem with the sound? If so, please use the ‘Mute Audio’ button next time.

See also:

I didn’t know I could mute in the scene window and I was testing other things in the game not the audio at the time so I disabled the audio listener but when we had to make a new scene that’s when I tested the new scene for audio and enabled the audio listener but it didn’t work still. I just want to know if there is a way to fix that for the future in case it happens again.
I did fix the issue but I had to delete that scene and go back to the first scene and make sure the audio was working. Once it was working again I then duplicated the scene so I could make the new scene the 2nd level and audio worked just fine. But again I don’t want to have to do that in case I made a lot of changes with the 2nd scene and don’t wanna lose all that hours of work so is it possible to fix the issue next time without deleting the scene?

I’m afraid nobody can tell you how to solve future problems because nobody can predict what you will do, or if there will be any bugs in Unity. The best way to solve problems is to analyse the situation. Debug.Logs are your friend. If you solved a few problems, you’ll recognise typical mistakes, especially your mistakes. (Every game developer is an individual, and everybody makes mistakes but not always the same mistakes.)

Since the broken scene is already deleted, there is no way to analyse the problem anymore, thus there is no way to tell you how you could have solved the problem.

Make a backup of your project folder by duplicating it. Save the duplicated folder somewhere else, maybe on an USB stick. To save some free space, you could delete the Library and Temp folders in the backup folder. This way, if something breaks, you won’t lose all those hours of work.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms