Particle systems are still not working

Just can’t manage to get my particles working when i’m running the game. im almost outta patience. help. please.

Hi Souronil,

There is literally nothing in your post that helps anyone help you. Flagging your post as a repost to draw attention to it doesn’t really make any difference if people don’t know where to begin with any support.

Consider explaining the issue in more detail, including what you have tried, any error messages and so on. Help us, help you.

You could also consider providing a copy of your project files so that someone, willing to give up their time to help you, could download it and have a look.

The forum will allow uploads of up to 10MB, if your project files (zipped) are larger than that you would need to use a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and then share the URL.

1 Like

Thanks Rob.
It’s 3 hours past midnight now. Will try to upload something for reference as soon as possible. Much appreciated. Also here’s the link to my original post.

Moved to new #unity:ask category for you so @Nina (or another teaching assistant helping her out) can find your question, and so you can click the solution checkbox if and when it’s solved for you.

Hello @Rob @ben
I’m providing a link to a gameplay demo. You’ll be able to see that the particles aren’t working. I’ve used the same code as provided in the course and other script attachments etc. are done in accordance as well. Would be of immense help if you could me figure out what the exact problem is. Thanks in advance
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S5DBkkpK64jwlNEyiRg9oDQTjdj7yQYc/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi,

As mentioned above, can you share your project files.

Hello Rob,
Thanks for taking out time to check my project. The issue seems to resolved at the moment. I’m Having some problem with the towerfactory code snippet. i’ll be creating a topic for that. Thank you!

Hi,

You’re welcome, not really sure I helped in anyway though to be honest.

With regards to these more complex issues it is often useful to provide copies of your scripts (fully) and apply code formatting to them so that they are more easily read.

Screenshots are useful for editor details or errors messages but not very useful for code. Videos can be useful if the issue is clearly identifiable, I’d suggest in your specific case the video didn’t really help very much as it just showed some towers targeting an attacker and not seemingly shooting, but there wasn’t really anything in that which you hadn’t/couldn’t have conveyed in words.

When a copy of the code or a screenshot of an error isn’t enough to get a resolution to the problem, sharing your project files is often the best way to get help. Whoever is trying to support you can then open your project and see any issue in detail and context, this is usually incredibly time saving both for the person offering to help and for yourself, as opposed to the backward and forward nature of trying to draw more information out from a less details post.

The forum will allow uploads of up to 10MB, if your project files (zipped) are larger than that you would need to use a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and then share the URL.

I offer the above as suggestions for future questions you may raise and again I’m glad you have managed to resolve this issue and move forward again :slight_smile:

See also;

1 Like

Thank you @Rob for your suggestions and kind words. I will keep that in mind, henceforth. I managed to complete realm rush. Thank you for the support, as I believe each bit that I’m learning (even while making rookie mistakes and using sloppy approaches to debugging) takes me a bit further towards the dream of becoming a full time game Dev. And I’ll say, I’ve learnt a lot and will be using aforementioned approaches while tackling a tech issue, now onwards.
-Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome Souronil and remember, “The expert in anything was once a beginner” :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms