Particle (Lighting) Bug when using "Maximize On Play"

I added lights to Rick’s RocketEngine Particles and everything seemed to work well.
Until I used “Maximize On Play”.

See this video for details:

Does anyone have an idea what the issue could be?

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the video. Unfortunately, I don’t see any difference.

First play: Full Particles (and lights for particles)
Second play (Maximize On Play Mode): Also no particles (and lights)
Third play: Full Particles (and lights for particles)

My Issue is within the second play.

I do see particles in the second play. Or are you keeping the space key pressed down the entire time and expected to see that the particles get emitted the entire time?

Enable sound for the video. Then you can hear me thrusting. While thrusting I expect to emit particles (incl. Lights) as in 1st & 3rd play.

When exactly do the lights get turned on in the second play? Do you press the space key again in that moment? Or does it suddenly get turned on (and off) for no apparent reason?

Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? If so, please share your code here.

And which version of Unity do you use? There is always a chance that there is a bug in Unity. Updating to a newer stable version might help.

See also:

Thx to the help of JohnnyDalvi from the official Discord I got this issue fixed.

I had to check wether the particlesystem was playing/stopped before stopping/playing it.

if (particleSystem.isPlaying) {
    particleSystem.Stop();
}

if (particleSystem.isStopped) {
    particleSystem.Play();
}

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms