Is it ok to ask about non-course tutorials here?

I did not see a FAQ so I thought I would ask.

Hi,

Yes, you may ask questions related to Unity, game development and programming. While we teaching assistants usually cannot help with problems outside the scope of GameDev.tv’s courses, there are a few other people in our forum who enjoy sharing their knowledge.

When asking questions that are not related to our courses, it is usually advisable to know at least the basics of Unity and programming. We are a small community, so we “know” people who ask questions on a regular basis. There are a few people here who help out a lot but they expect to see progress. They also expect to know if their suggestions worked, and they appreciate it if their reply gets marked as “solution” if it solved the problem. If they feel that their effort is not appreciated, they will stop helping out sooner or later.

If you cannot get any help here, please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server. Unity’s official forum and the Unity subreddit on reddit are also good places to ask for help. :slight_smile:

See also:

3 Likes

Thanks for all your help so far, I appreciate it. I apologize if I came off badly initially as I have been on many forums and not all of them are good, so I was sort of testing the waters. I will endeavor to only ask questions after I Googled it and try to mark the solved ones.

2 Likes

No worries. I read in your other thread that you had done research yourself, which is great. Please feel free to ask questions if you are stuck and/or need an explanation. I just wanted to give you a little advice because you are obviously eager to learn a lot and do it “right”*. Other people with more experience are already trying to help you, and I’m sure they want to see you succeed. :slight_smile:

* In most cases, there is no “right” or “wrong” regarding one’s individual learning journey, hence the quotation marks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms