Visual Studio Code Autocomplete and Color Coding Aren't Working

Hey there! I hope my formatting here is right, this is my first topic. Please let me know if there’s anything I can improve!

After setting up Visual Studio Code for the first time and working my way through the first few Unity2D lessons, I noticed that my color coding was different than the instructors, and was almost entirely blue, with a few exceptions like strings and values?

When I open VS Code for the first time, I’ll notice some color coding for a split second, and then it goes right to blue.

Also, my autocomplete isn’t adding in any of the Unity definitions that I’m seeing pop up in the tutorial video, which seems odd.

This is what my code looks like:

And these are my installed extensions:

I have a feeling this is something simple that I’ve missed, but I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance,

• Jose G.

Hi Jose,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Have you already seen this thread?

See also:

Hey there, Nina! Thanks for the reply.

That thread is really helpful, thanks! I chose to use a screenshot to show my code in this case because I wanted to show that the colors I’m seeing are different than the instructor’s, so I didn’t copy it into the thread.

I hope that helps :smiley:

I see. In that case, the screenshot of your code makes sense. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms