Blender Collab: Week 39 “Halloween”

This is the Blender collaboration week 39 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “ Halloween

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-11-03T10:00:00Z

10 Likes

Haven’t participated in a few weeks, but I may change that and see what I can do with this one.

6 Likes

I’ll try to make some time to enter this week, I’ll probably do some lowpoly/pixel art thing, probably something based on peanuts.

3 Likes

Why peanuts? Since when do peanuts have anything to do with Halloween? I’m genuinely confused here, and intrigued :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Peanuts the cartoon, Charlie Brown and the gang.

5 Likes

Oh, I’m not familiar with the cartoon, but it makes more sense! I’m eager so see what your project is going to look like.

1 Like

Ohhhh, as a kid I loved the weekly Charlie Brown comic strip in the Sunday newspapers. Also loved when they started animating the “gang”, and showing them regularly on TV. Don’t recall if they ever made it to the movie theaters, or not, as that was too many decades ago for me to count. :wink:

2 Likes

Classic! Reminds me of a VHS tape we used to have with this and the Garfield Halloween special. Spooky!

2 Likes

It’s time to decorate in case monsters and princesses come trick or treating, but first, better hide that cosmic horror in the wardrobe. No safer place to keep it obviously. Cause after all, we might want to show some tricks of our own, right? And just letting it wander around the house would ruin the effect.

You might need to up your brightness a little to catch all the details (or most details actually).
The images and textures are all from google searches except the webs that I got from here: https://www.creativeshrimp.com/how-to-make-a-spider-web-in-blender.html This is also where I found the tutorial on actually using that texture. Pretty awesome, really!
I’m looking forward to seeing what projects everyone else makes.

9 Likes

Here is a lighter version in case anyone has trouble seeing in the dark.

13 Likes

Trick or treat.

17 Likes

Just wanted to put an update, this required a lot of UV unwrapping which a lot of people hate, but I found a very weird way to approach this, create the texture first, then unwrap, don’t know if that’s a standard but it worked really nice here, specially with the pumpkins which I was afraid to unwrap because of previous nightmarish experiences with that kind of shape.

I still need to add textures to the ground, windows and door, also add a lot of detail and the protagonist of this little story, so I might not be able to finish this on time, but I’ll try.

This was stressing me out so I decided to finish this today :rofl: maybe I’ll add more detail later.

16 Likes

Skeleton Crew

The skull and hands were reused from a previous project, but I removed quite a few verts to make them as low-poly as the skeleton. The weapons are from my ongoing low poly weapons project. The skeleton, modeled and rigged, is new.

17 Likes

Resemblance Army of Darkness.
You have time, add more details?!

1 Like

Cool scene!

1 Like

Jason and the Argonauts too.

1 Like

The poses of the second one from the left, and the second one from the right, make me think of zombie skeletons. :wink:

2 Likes

Activate denoiser?

1 Like

I want to, but I’m too busy the next couple days. Maybe after the challenge I will go back and add more.

I was thinking about that. I should try it out at some point but didn’t mind a grainy halloween porch at night for this image.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms