Blender Collab: Week 38 “Celtic”

I started something, overly ambitious in time as usual. Then last night lost an evening’s progress when Blender hung when asked to save. So having just noticed it ends so soon there is little to no hope of completing it at any level.

4 Likes

Glasgow 1967. You can extend the deadline to give everyone a full week.

7 Likes

Does everyone feel like they need/could use more time to complete this one? I’m okay with extending the deadline for folks to get things completed.

4 Likes

18 Likes

Wow, that doesn’t even look like it’s being render, it’s so realistic it’s scary.

2 Likes

Thanks but not for me I think I would need a month. lol.

I will add it to the projects to keep doing a bit on.

I did a clootie well. It’s a past tradition that’s not really practiced anymore and not really understood either. Most references say it was for pilgrimages to mostly make offerings in hopes to cure illness. Other references say the cloths that are tied to the trees are wound dressings that would be soaked in the well water, applied to the wound for some time, then left there to leave the injury behind.

9 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t mind having the full week to work on mine but I’m not sure it’d make that much difference. :slight_smile: there’re already some good renders here.

fabulously stunning :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Thanks, just a good reference and some patience…

2 Likes

Looks like there may be just the 4 entries this week since there hasn’t been enough feedback about extending the deadline. I don’t know how to set up the poll thing for voting if someone would like to do that when the time comes.

Usual format vote. One day to vote, maximize time for nest challenge.
Choose your own parameter to judge the entries, some possibilities:

• best embodies the theme
  • most colorful
  • funny
  • technically advanced
  • realistic
    The poll ends on 2020-10-26T00:00:00Z

Actually a great theme but possibly demanding more time, so we got fewer entries this time around.

0 voters

Here is what I was working on for this week, not finished but… Oh well

13 Likes

That looks great so far. I’d still like to see the finished render.

2 Likes

Wow this is stunning! I first though of doing an archway with similar patterns but had no idea how to actually do those patters. Did you use sculpting? Looks like a lot of work!

1 Like

Don’t forget that students come from all parts of the world.
Some subjects are not so recognizable or related to other cultures.

2 Likes

Thanks. While I think sculpting would allow me to achieve a more authentic look for this, I’m not really familiar with the process so I’m using curves. It has been a bit labor intensive but, I am getting more satisfied with each curve so hopefully, I’ll be able to improve the bottom two sections.

2 Likes

This is true, but it is fun to research other cultures too and get an idea of their individual styles and heritage. If I win in the future though, I will keep this in mind when choosing the topic.

It’s finished … more or less

Also, Congratulations on your win @Blest

7 Likes

Thank you! Yes, the theme was far from my culture, but I liked the picture I chose… So the next theme… Have you guessed? You were right! - It’s Halloween! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms