2021 Collab: Week 15 “City’s symbol” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 15 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “City’s symbol”.

• City’s symbol - “I (Tetiana_Stasiv) was thinking of some kind of personal topic for each of us that differs and unites us in some way” - Everyone can choose a scene or an object that describes his own city and tell the whole story with only one render.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 13 winner Tetiana_Stasiv - “Award”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-04-17T21:55:00Z

3 Likes

My city is called Lviv in honor of the founder’s son - Lev, which means “lion” in my language, so the lion is my city’s symbol, these sculptures are all over the city.

13 Likes

Voronezh is the place where the Emperor Peter the Great founded the Russian fleet. Although in Russia it is known as the birthplace of a cartoon character-a Kitten from Lizyukov Street. When officials choose the symbol of the city, it is a ship. When people vote, it’s a cat.

10 Likes

Made this illustration few months back. Hope you all like this.

11 Likes

Participating at a Blender collab isn’t that hard to do. You can use a simple object adding some loop cuts. Use insets for the fins. And dragging vertices around, modeling a sturgeon using an example photo.

We have many, many old folklore stories for the city where I live in.
This is a story about a King whose intention was to visit our city to sign a trade agreement.
So we want to give him a good meal and caught a fish, a big sturgeon.
But then the king postponed the meeting for a month. (Can happen).
But what to do with this beautiful Sturgeon fish …?

Well, we tied a bell around his neck and put him back into the river. So that we could catch him again later that month by listening for the bell sound …

11 Likes

Not sure if the lack of participation has anything to do with things getting back to normal, so less time to spend, or that you guys are getting way to good at this and it’s kind of intimidating for newcomers. Maybe it’s both, maybe it’s none, who knows.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s difficult to say what’s happening.
But I know from previous years, the Blender collab has its up and downs.
In the beginning, it is exciting to do, then it grows and after a year or so, it declines.
Until someone sees the old threads and thinks, he, this is nice to organize.

1 Like

See discussion started by @NP5 - Improving collab

New challenge

We have a new subject, chosen by Blest it is called “Kitchen Robots”.

warn: @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

No prizes for guessing, it is big. Simple. :apple: :green_apple:

6 Likes

The city of Jerusalem has many angles to cover but I’ve chosen to cover a “simple” one,
The string bridge in the entrance of the city,

P.S. pardon the lack of details though, I saw this collab a little late and didn’t have much time

10 Likes

Looks like this one. It has a nick name “The swan”.
Thank you for your entry, “the more the merrier”

6 Likes

Voting entries week 15 “City’s symbol” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 16 “ Kitchen Robots has already started. The winner of this week’s “City’s symbol” challenge may select a subject for week 17.

Great work everybody!

Congratulations @Tetiana_Stasiv and @niladri_ghosh both winners of the Blender collab “City’s symbol”.

Can one of you decide on a new subject for the next challenge!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey! @niladri_ghosh congratulations!
I was making this subject, so maybe you have some plans for the next one?
From my side, I can propose something like “Childhood memory” of each of us or “Inspiration” - to model sth that inspires us.
What do you think? Do you have anything else?

Don’t laugh, that’s the city I live in, and that was my first thought, but decided not to do it. Glad to see someone did though. :wink:

My problem was there are so many other things here folks would consider a symbol of the city, so I couldn’t really choose, and the one I liked the best, would’ve taken too long to accomplish.

2 Likes

@Tetiana_Stasiv sorry for the late reply. ​" childhood memories" is a great topic. I also have a subject in my mind it is called “cyberpunk city”.
A futuristic city loaded with neon lights, ultra modern flying cars. Transparent roads. Characters walking in the road have augmented body parts i.e. robotic arms, legs etc.
Like the movie “Blade runner” or “Ghost in the shell”.

Privacy & Terms