2021 Collab: Week 16 “Kitchen Robots” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 16 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Kitchen Robots”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-04-24T21:55:00Z

3 Likes

See discussion started by @NP5 - Improving collab

1 Like

Hi Pete.
For me collab sounds interesting. Its definitely something Id take part in. Unfortunately, I only found out about it by scrolling topics. It seems to be buried somewhere on the bottom of the page. To me at least. Even now the only way that I know of to get to the collab forum is by using the tag on one of your posts. Voting or seing to date entries are yet to be found :slight_smile:
It my be my ignorance in navigating this site. Or something to consider?

4 Likes

Yes, it totally true. The only thing I can do is to PIN it at the top, but it doesn’t work. So it gets lost.
There are some discussions going on, about this Collab event. Not sure what the outcome will be.
Also, I’m not a member of GameDev.tv. I can not do that much.

In the community overview there is a Blender topic called “Blender Collab”. But a lot of students do not follow that route and just land in many sub-channels made for each lesson.

Do remember, every week (saterdays) we start a new challenge.

It would be good idea if it was amongst categories or something. Like. Community page isn’t much different than courses page. Its all about courses and no community categories. Seems redundant. And if it was displayed more appealing - like an event. Like you said, I bet people would engage more.

3 Likes

Three hours on this! That’s all I had XD I’m re-using my Unity set-up for the flat light and outline style that I enjoy doing.

Blender:

Unity:

14 Likes

Look like

Sorry forgot to mention: Jetsons TV-Series, many years ago.

7 Likes

Haha :smiley: I didn’t know that one but that’s definitely what I was going for !

I made this…

13 Likes

Ooooh love the style of this render :smiley:

1 Like

Nice moustache. Must be french :grin:
But I wouldnt want him to serve me hot bowl of onion soup on those springy legs :wink:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

It doesn’t matter how automatized something becomes, we’ll still need passion and love to make a difference.

16 Likes

That’s is really cool, I was wondering. How did you do the springy legs?
Is it actually circles stacked or something else?

I think donuts.

4 Likes

Makes sense, sometimes I over try to extrude and such instead of basic stacking :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I feel you XD tried that once, never tried again!

1 Like

Thanks…i used the Torus (outer mesh only) to make spring legs.

1 Like

My Submission… Kitchen with two Robots

17 Likes

Privacy & Terms