2021 Collab: Week 17 “Childhood memories” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 17 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Childhood memories”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-05-01T21:55:00Z

7 Likes

Hey everyone. Happy to participate this week.

I used one of my favorite childhood memories in Week 30. To make a new scene for this week I immediately thought of something that I spent a whole lot of time doing as a kid: catching Pokemon.

I had the translucent purple version which made texturing a little more fun.

Hope it turned out alright. Look forward to seeing some more peoples’ posts!

13 Likes

That’s so cool!

I was kinda obsessed with Pokémon back in the day (maybe I still am :sweat_smile:) my first Pokémon game was the Blue version, I still remember my first Pokémon, a Squirtle.

I was having such a hard time trying to remember a childhood memory to model, Why I didn’t think of this?

1 Like

You have still one day to finish the “Childhood memories” Blender collab.
At the moment there are not that many participants. Not a problem.
Finding the spare time and working on Blender projects can be a problem.
Maybe the next subject gives you the inspiration to challenge yourself.

Have fun, stay healthy!

New week 18 challenge

We have a new subject, chosen by Josa_Booba
And it is called “Arthropod”.

Signal:

@Alex_Rusu @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Mateusz @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

2 Likes

Hi @yo_johann, when I make up the vote message, I choose the last picture of the participant. But you have such beautiful renderings. Which one will I use for tomorrow?

Hi. I grew up in small town stretched along the river within the forests. I loved outdoors and riding my bicycle. Every spring I would shave bunch of sticks really thin and build new kite out of them.
So this is my happy memory :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thank you! You can use the first one, I think it’s more on theme. I made the second one for more general showing off on the internet and avoiding trademark use.

1 Like

Hello where you grew up? I guess it’s ltaly. Lovely place and great texturing work keep it up.

3 Likes

Hi. Thank you Niladri. I grew up in Poland, small town called Gluszyca. Where winters were cold and snowy. But spring and summer hot and sunny. Maybe not Italy hot but low 30ties :wink: It changed now though.

1 Like

In childhood Parents were alive. They hadn’t divorced yet. We were walking down the street. Together. And I flew over the puddles hanging on their hands.

11 Likes

When I was a kid we had payphones all around the city, nowadays the removed them all, so I guess it’s a childhood memory…

9 Likes

Voting entries week 17 “Childhood memories” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 18 “ Arthropod has already started. The winner of this week’s “Childhood memories” challenge may select a subject for week 19.

I didn’t participate (no time) but the wide range of memories amazes me. Personally, I’ve done the subject with colors. I like this subject because it touches the personality of all participants.
So, well done!

Nearly every time you inspire me in how you tell a story in just a simple illustration.
I find this an excelent example.
(I do miss some (partly) reflection of the red shoes …)

2 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for the hint about reflection. Tried to add it, tweaked a picture; but I"ll need time to do it well…

3 Likes

I love your image.
I remember flying like that too. It is magical memory. And you have reflected it perfectly. Trought to be told I never wore boots like this but this little red shoes are the focal point for me. And with those little vent holes in the leather. They just make it look so cute. Love it.

3 Likes

Totally agree with FedPete, your story telling skills are amazing, it’s really inspiring.

4 Likes

Thank you! That"s why I like these challenges. - You all introduce any theme from so many different angles, I could never thought of it this way… It"s like playing “Imaginarium” game! (I love the game! It’s a board game for a small company. Do you play it?)

2 Likes

No I never played this. I like board games though. Best one for me is Games of Thrones. Never watched the series but the game is really submersive. We played 8 hrs straight on the weekends and imagination run wild. Some good times. Nearly as good as blending stuff :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations @Mateusz, for showing us one of your childhood memories.
Fine composition, bright colors, well done!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms