2021 Collab: Week 14 “Signs of Spring” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 14 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Signs of Spring”.

• Signs of Spring - Snowdrops are one of the very first signs of spring . These delicate flowers emerge in the depths of winter, as early as the 1st of January. By February, snowdrops flower in woodlands, parks, and gardens. They’re small, measuring just 15cm tall, but their beautiful white flowers make them easy to spot. - But give your own inspiration about this topic.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 12 winner Blest - “Fairytale”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-04-10T21:59:00Z

2 Likes

Maybe “Signs of Spring” is also a transition of the way we fill our days. Spending time on different aspects of life. Because we’ve fewer entries in this challenge. But don’t worry too much. We have a new subject, chosen by Tetiana_Stasiv “City’s Symbol”.

warn: @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

I know, it’s probably not the first connection people will have to “Signs of Spring”. But it is how my brain works. And it had a relation with my previous entry for the collab “In the Air”. I didn’t spend too much time on this, because with springtime other jobs around the house need to be done (gardening).

10 Likes

You made me laugh! :rofl:
Excellent idea!

1 Like

First signs.

11 Likes

@Munsa It made me laugh as well. I always get a kick out of how some folks’ minds work when given an idea which we’ll all have different views of.

2 Likes

I see it this way. - Splashes of bright colors on the street.

9 Likes

Seeing all the submits, I can vaticinate a very, very difficult election… (And there are no seers in my family :thinking:)

Voting entries week 14 “Signs of Spring” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 15 “City’s symbol has already started. The winner of this week’s “Signs of Spring” challenge may select a subject for week 16.

Great work everybody!

@NP5 - I like the variation of the flowers
@Blest - Great human (animal) poses/expressions, very good scene.

1 Like

Was a great theme, surprised so few entries. Though I had no time free and used an old project image, lol.

1 Like

Congratulations @Blest, with a very nice scene.
I like the natural way of the people walking and posing. Even the dog in the scene is very playful (enjoyable).

But I think also that the little hint of “Splashes of bright colors on the street.” helpt to interpret the illustration.

1 Like

Thank you, I am waiting for more people to join. May be we should constrain ourselves a little…

1 Like

Privacy & Terms