Medieval modular building - Check!

I just want to say, I’ve finished the course. Had an amazing time, it was fun and well constructed in order to give students all the information they need. I’ve been hoping onto youtube videos lately, watching different tactics on doing things, Blender Guru is one of the best. I can’t stress enough encouraging everyone that finished this course to check his donut tutorial series. It’s free and you will learn some stuff. Ok, enough chit-chat, here’s my building.

The refrence:

My result:

14 Likes

Great story! And yes on YouTube there is much more to learn (not only Guru).
If you need a weekly challenge go visit:

This week:

Some students worked hard on the topic “City’s Symbol”. Can you have a peek and vote? Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Nice effort … i love he building and texture.

1 Like

Sounds great, I’ll check it out!

1 Like

That’s an incredible effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great wall stones texture. Nice model.
The roof tiles seem odd, wrongly laid out UVs?
If you added the ridge tiles like in the reference photo it would help the roof tiling by covering the joins.

Very nice - it would be great if you could use a little grass or broken stone to break up the “straight line” boundary lines between the ground and walls.

Very well done though.

Blender Guru is good - comes across as kind of arrogant which annoys some people.

Lots of other great people on YouTube to learn with.

1 Like

Looks good and matches the ref.

1 Like

I rushed the roof a little. I might come back to it later since I thought of making more buildings, maybe a small town or the corner of a street

1 Like

Privacy & Terms