The Blender Collab: Week 34 "What are you afraid of?"

This is the Blender collaboration week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

This weeks subject is “ What are you afraid of?

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-09-20T10:00:00Z

Last week’s collab
Hall of Fame

10 Likes

I’m afraid of an army of blood-thirsty default cubes rising from the grave to get revenge for being deleted.

16 Likes

Having a default cube joke is going to become a tradition in the collab week, Isn’t it? Not that I’m complaining.

4 Likes

Oooooo a horror themed collab
This should be interesting
Good luck everyone!
Hope I’ll find myself some time to make something : p

1 Like

I was actually hoping to help it become a real meme in this community, it’s just so much fun :grin:

4 Likes

I’m not afraid of too much really.
I think this depicts it quite well.

11 Likes

The spotlight? Solitude? This image tells a bit of both, but I think it’s closer to solitude. :thinking:

2 Likes

I thought it was the fear of the dark, but maybe it is solitude, or maybe both.

i think every blender user should be afraid of them

1 Like

Supposed to symbolize darkness in the form of a weird twisted creature, haven’t gotten to any of the sculpting parts of the courses and simply played around with dynotopo and the basic sculpting tools and a couple of modifiers to change the amount of topology and ended up with this, due to my lack of sculpting knowledge, its not as good as it could be, I will most likely revisit it when I get more experienced in sculpting, but as for now, here it is!

13 Likes

I dig it! I like to see when people deviate from their normal styles. This is a very cool, slightly formless monster. Eyes and hands probing from the dark. :+1:

1 Like

here is my submission

10 Likes

I didn’t want to look at a great white shark for so long when modelling it, so chose this one.

15 Likes

OK, I’m sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what that is. Is it some kind of code typed with a strange alphabet?

1 Like

It’s a legitimate alphabet used by more than 3% of the world’s population.

2 Likes

That’s braille! Is it the alphabet itself or some actual message?

2 Likes

I love your composition! Looks really cool! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t read braille, but I’ll guess your fear is going blind?

2 Likes

Thanks @Sblendid. I would have done a shark if I had more sculpting skills but I think I’m a few months away from that at the moment.

1 Like

I honestly think the crashing airplane is more impressive and makes me feel something more than the best sculpted shark :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms