The Blender Collab: Week 33 "Elements" - CLOSED

Here’s my submission: The Elemental Rangers

Earth, Water, Air and Fire

14 Likes

Nice composition! I am glad you are back)

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I’d finish on time, because I was gone the last few days. Anyways, it’s done! Here’s my little sad fire …metal elf, I guess? ^^ I got the idea from an amazing drawing of Maxine Vee on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEiKFiwlHHJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

16 Likes

So, here’s my final:

And all 3 sides, just for fun:

As you can see, I was struggling a bit with the “sad childlike face”. Still not very happy with it. And I didn’t put any effort at all in the hands. Just didn’t have time. ^^
Please, let me know what you think about it! :smiley:

PS: Smoke in background is from Pixabay (-> great site for free to use images!)

22 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been away for a couple of weeks and I had to catch up with work, but I couldn’t miss this one :grinning:

2 Likes

Poll!
There’s only one rule: don’t vote for yourself. :face_with_monocle:
Aside from that rule, you can choose the parameter to judge the entries, some possibilities:

• best embodies the theme
  • most colorful
  • funny
  • technically advanced
  • realistic

WARNING: Clicking on any of these images counts as a vote that cannot be undone. Please scroll up to see full-rez versions.

0 voters

2 Likes

Again, some really nice entries this week! My favorites were from @Blest, @Ducaluk, @yo_johann, @Digitz and @Leon_V. Deciding who to vote for wasn’t easy at all!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good work this week everyone. For me this week it came down to the submissions from @Sblendid , @Digitz , and @Blest. I also appreciated the Cartoon and Movie references as well.

PS: (Critical Comment

Sorry @albesca, trying to steal the premise for the Captain Planet Cartoon and give it to the Power Rangers just doesn’t work for me.

1 Like

No problem, I googled Captain Planet and while wikipedia states that it was broadcasted in Italy in the early '90, I honestly didn’t recall it at all :sweat_smile:

Amazing submission! The whole design you picked is great, nice material, and clearly some amazing sculpting (assuming you made it with sculpting).

2 Likes

I’m stuck between @Enodes, @Digitz, @Ducaluk, @yo_johann, and @Sblendid’s submissions. Ended up voting on @yo_johann’s, quite realistic with the rocks, and pretty realistic with the tree, the water is pretty good but a little funky in some areas but is overall pretty good. An overall beautiful scene!

3 Likes

Mantaflow/fluid simulation is a tough one to crack. This week went a little better than the last time I tried but it still came out far from perfect. Thanks for your support :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @Sblendid, you’re really producing great work every week. I was wondering if you use a tablet and stylus to sculpt with.

1 Like

Yes, I do use a tablet. It’s nothing fancy and pretty old (Wacom Intuos 4 PTK- 440), but it works way better than a mouse. :slight_smile: And thanks for the compliment!

3 Likes

Thanks for all your votes. <3

Here’s the next topic! I am already excited! :smiley:

7 Likes

I haven’t got even a single vote this time :disappointed_relieved:
Congratulations @Sblendid :champagne::confetti_ball::tada::sparkler:

1 Like

There should be option that one person can cast 3 votes. that will bring more harmony and would also encourage participation.

1 Like

I have never submitted anything to these collabs, but I always want to vote for more than one person (often more than three)! That would be a lot more fun for those submitting too, I think. A few weeks ago one of the collabs let you vote for two; the one you liked the best overall and the one you thought was the best technically executed, so I think it can be done.

1 Like

I’ll ask in the new challenge, what people would prefer. :slight_smile:

Nice picture, xxx Jess

1 Like

Privacy & Terms