The Blender Collab: Week 35 “The Knight in shining armor”

This is the Blender collaboration week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

This weeks subject is “ The Knight in shining armor

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-09-29T10:00:00Z

Last week’s collab
Hall of Fame

7 Likes

I think I’ll take part in this one. Where would I post progress images/posts? Could I do it here or is there another place to do that?

Either one I think is fine.

Great! Ok, well here’s a WIP of mine then - the base shape of my knight lol

10 Likes

Happy with the outcome, although it may need some more things in the backround, which I will probably do later.

16 Likes

I googled the topic and found out it was a novel or a phrase.

But I have no idea how to implement the topic, so I’ll skip this week.

It can also be taken literally, or you can do anything even slightly related if you want to. The rules are not very strict.

4 Likes

Sorry, it was less than a week, added a day…

Sometimes a comfort food, hot cup of tea or a good book at the end of a long day can be a knight in shining armor.

2 Likes

My knight, dug up, tidied up some of the bad topology from some time ago, lol. Given shining armour! Someone had to.

15 Likes

That extra day is going to help a lot!

I’m retopologizing now so I can get nicer edge flow before I add armour and hair tomorrow lol

11 Likes

Looking good, but you missed a trick. Should have avoided a head and all that sculpting, by having a full helm! :grin:

Here borrow this quick version.

10 Likes

Wannabe “The Knight in shining armour”

I worked on this today because I got inspired this morning.
Re-used some old projects stuff. Wallpaper and Campbell soup from the internet.
I see so many ideas and improvements, but it’s out of my head now. I can go to sleep.

Cycles, 111K faces, 111K verts, render time 8min on my machine (CPU, GPU crashes).

Have fun.

18 Likes

It took longer than a day but similarly to @FedPete it’s satisfying to go to sleep with it finished.

13 Likes

These are such good submissions! I want to vote for more people this week because honestly I don’t know how I could possibly choose between @FedPete’s and @Leon_V’s works. They’re both brilliant and really make me feel like I’m there (having fun with a kid and partaking in a siege), it’s amazing.

4 Likes

These are looking great! Love the style people have chosen for the current entries.

I’m not really sure if I’ll get finished with mine in time haha

I’m feeling the same this week.

1 Like

I really think it’s time to get some armour on him haha

Retopology done anyway

10 Likes

Looks like voting hasn’t started, so I guess I’m not too late.

12 Likes

Little but brave Mouse in shining armor :))
First time taking part in Blender Collab! Hope you’ll like it:)

24 Likes

Privacy & Terms