The Blender Collab: Week 22 Themed Gallery (“One more shot”)

Thanks! It is really exiciting to compare the before and after and see how much our skills grew!

Btw, I really liked the fire and ice “pilar” you showed here!


Thanks but I personally didn’t care for how it came out, I think the igloos came out a lot better

Not sure if this is still open, but I wanted to submit something anyways because this was an interesting theme. I went back and worked on an old scene from the Blender Environments Course. I’ve been really busy lately so I didn’t get a chance to do too much. Mostly fixed the fire, brought the camera out and added some better lighting.

The fire was the main thing for me as this was my first attempt at making fire in blender lol.

Much better now!


Great improvement. also nice composition.


Looking great. I like the new fire effect, it’s much more realistic!


Dark Castle Scene 2.0

Got really into this one and spent a lot of time on it. (Time tracker addon says 37 hours! :open_mouth: Not sure if some of that is AFK time though.) I had a lot of fun though. Only reused asset was the stars, which I made for Space Buddha. The rest is all new.

Hope you guys like it. Feedback welcome. Cheers!

Additional Info

You should used post processing ?

1 Like

Hi all!

My contribution is a model that I started a month ago, when first introduced to Edit Mode in Section 2 of the Complete Blender Course. I wanted to build this “Sci Fi Vent” that I had found online: [link]

This is how I left the project in May:

The model was constructed from 7 different objects (one for each side, one for the ramp, etc.). It was a fun little exercise to practice the techniques from the course, but I felt very restricted by my knowledge. Ultimately it felt like I was getting nowhere and so I gave up.

Now that I’m a little further on in the course (Section 4), I decided to start from scratch and constrain myself to a single object. This time I began with a cube, deleted half of it, switch on a Mirror modifier and then worked out from there.

I stuck to a single object (plus one for the text) . It was a lot more challenging but it felt rewarding to see the model come together. E.g. having to work out how to subdivide an irregular face to extrude some details, rather than just slapping on an extra object.

I actually forgot to rename the object from “Cube” until I finished – it was a cool moment to look at this thing and think “huh… that was a cube yesterday”.

Overall I felt that I learned a lot from constraining myself to a single object, and it’s clear that I’ve got a lot more learning to do by continuing to practice. Would love to revisit this once I’ve learned about textures.

Really enjoying seeing everyone’s “one more shot” projects. :slight_smile:


I really like this idea of “One more shot”. I didn’t compete this time, due to my Orc in progress.
Maybe, in a couple of months or so, a second “One more shot”?
It show really if people progressed.

Have fun!


And literally "One more shot’. And I did not finish it…!

And - One more shot!


Do I spot a chess piece base hidden in there? :laughing:


Here is my entry .
I remade my project for what is the first thing a pirate need ? i decided to make a Jolly Roger .


Made the flag by cloth simulations , it was my first successful one , i followed blender guru’s tutorial for this . the Crow’s nest i made using cylinders and applied texture to them .
POst processing is done using blender’s compositor which i found very good .
ALl the projects here are awesome , i was amazed to see them .


Phew, almost didn’t have time this week to do anything. Interesting topic for sure. My choice here isn’t very broad :sweat_smile: Quickly got this in:
I remade/refined my lowpoly Federschwer a bit. Made it higher poly, reworked the pommel and the materials. Still a long way to go until it looks like the original, but here we go :smiley:



I don’t know. Do you think it’s too much? I was trying to make it look like an old photo to be more spooky.

Great redo’s everyone!


Here my second shot on the pirate challenge. I had very little time to achieve this so i’m happy with the result. It was my first hair particule job. That was fun! Should be a recurent theme!


Great redo, however the hat has some artifacts on it.

Great visual story. Who needs 1M vertices …?

1 Like

I couldn’t i finish the project in time, as this week has been a bit hectic, but here is my entry: a month ago I tried to sculpt the statue of Azura, a goddess from a game I play, on the left you can see how far I got.
On the right is my work in progress for this challenge; I chose a version from a different game in the same setting and instead of starting to put in fine details before getting the general shape right I started blocking out the shapes, then sculpt a very rough version before adding the basic details (and that’s when I ran out of time).
Here are the reference images I used (for the latter I also used a side and back view imported as planes in blender, instead of going by memory).
Edit: I thought I’d add that I worked on the first attempt for about a week (that’s around 15 hours of modelling) while the second one took me about 4 hours so far


Yeah I know, I kinda ran out or time infortunatly. I wish I had a bit more time to apply some nice texture on it too… Maybe on the next one more shot challenge!

Privacy & Terms