The Blender Collab: Week 31 “Aliens”

Its a good image, but its hard to focous my eyes on one object. Planet is awesome.

Love the looks, gives me cartoon vibes.

1 Like

Love the characters , but eyes are bit like its scifi and doesnt suit the character. An organic like eye will look good . Though its my opinion only .
@Sblendid.
Love the concept . Did anyone hid in the refrigerator or turned on the light with its tantacles.
@niladri_ghosh Great entry. Btw whats the red UFO doing, seems like its trying to break the mountain.
@Blest Nice characters seems loke they all are from a 3eyed family. Seems like one is intrested in making and breaking stuff, he probably just made that stairway near the UFO . Other two are interested in taking pictures. Maybe i am wrong but can you explain it.
@Leon_V great entry . Would love to see this scenery from a window.
@Flavio_Paniconi Welcome. Hope you enjoy time here. Nice entry.
@Ducaluk nice try. i am almpst the same alien i made is my first complete sculpt. Hoping to get better in sculpting.
@Tyger2 Thanks . Waiting for your entry. Btw i love the character more than the alien giraffe.

4 Likes

OK, I"ll explain. They landed to unknown planet and have something broken. While the Mechanic tries to fix the damage, other tour members communicate with the Planet inhabitants, saying that they do not mean anything bad… That’s all.

2 Likes

Thanks Yee and @Tyger2, I love the interpretation. It’s true, some waiters are scarier than aliens.

1 Like

Ever feel like you’re being watched?

Details

I could probably spend a lot more time tweaking lights and effects, but this is where I’m going to stop for now because I want to get on with my life :sweat_smile:.

• Moon reused again from The Dark Castle
  • Stars reused from Space Buddha, with adjustments
  • All the rest is new and the textures (except moon) are procedural
14 Likes

I kind of feel like I am now.

2 Likes

@Sahil_Nain I feel a little bit the same, it doesn’t quite fit with the way it’s just sticking out of the skin. I was going for a bio-mechanical type of look though and I think I know how I’m going to make it fit better without changing the idea behind it.

You can search tutorials on YouTube about making a realistic eye in blender. There are good ones, for the alien giraffe i also followed one tutorial . I think if you experiment with eye designa the character can be better.

Nice entry. Can you increase the exposure of the image its too dark .

1 Like

I wondered about that. I’ll see what I can do.

It was tricky to get the lights the affect everything the right way; the fog, the center alien, the aliens in the back. I’m tempted to explore view/render layers like @FedPete was talking about during the “Fish” challenge, but I don’t know how much more time I want to put into it. Thanks for the feedback!

second edit: Final Version I swear

Previous Version

Is that more visible? @Sahil_Nain

9 Likes

Such a fun topic. And high quality of render and ideas.
Some based on our mental map of aliens. And some extraordinary.

People having fun!!

4 Likes

thats better now . I like it .

1 Like

Here’s my entry. I’m still a beginner, at the chess section. Hope you like it. Its a little alien-robot. Cheers from Croatia! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

They have arrived!

11 Likes

So, according to some interwebs sites, it helps to have someone hot holding your art if you want votes… :thinking:
So this one is for all the Xenomorph Queen simps out there:

…If you insist on looking past the bathos, we are aliens to aliens, aren’t we?

Rushed retopology, so glitches galore.

Edit: I’m too tired to forum. Xenomorph Queen concept by James Cameron. Used the McFarlane figurine as reference.

Old version

15 Likes

It looks cool, but I think the light kinda ruins the composition, it’s too bright, it blurs the entire model.

Nice one

Nice. It’s time to go to the war

Yes it would be much better if I would have used particle system. It’s my bad .

Privacy & Terms