Space Buddha

Made this Buddha statue for this week’s Collab Challenge (Check it out, and join in if you want!). Originally made it with a stone texture, but I think I like it better in gold. And I most definitely like it better in space! Critique welcome.

Details
  • Rendered in Eevee
  • Stars based on this tutorial by Green Lucid
  • Nebulae based on concepts from this tutorial by Ducky 3D
  • Stone Texture (floor) from Textures.com
  • Gold and planet textures procedural
8 Likes

Sometimes less is more. Here it is with a simpler background. I think I like it better this way.

6 Likes

It’s fun if you have a good model, to reuse it in different circumstances.
I like the last one too. But miss some stratches (dirt).

Maybe holding in his hand the earth.

1 Like

I like the second render better as well, because even though the planet and smoke/atmosphere in the first one is nice, it’s distracting from Buddha.

2 Likes

Ohhh, holding Earth in his hand would definitely have been cool. :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I think too.

That’s a fantastic idea! Especially considering I don’t like the thing in his hand anyway. If I make it just an open hand, I can put anything there!

Emptied his hand. Tried to do it with a boolean cut, but I would have had to apply the multires modifier and I didn’t want to lose that flexibility, so I ended up just sculpting it down. Now I can put anything there! Thanks for the idea, @FedPete.

I also toned down the nebulae and worked some more on the face. I’m still not happy with the face (especially the eyes), but it’s at least a little better.

2 Likes

Earth texture (clouds, city lights, height maps), can be found on the internet (Royalty free).
I forgot the site. I keep a copy of my own.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen those, but I wanted to see if I could make something earth-like using nodes. I’ve been trying occasionally for a while now. Still not totally happy with it but it’s still my goal.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms