Spots appearing in texture painting

I am trying to texture paint a character model put together, and when I started, I found these strange pixels appearing. I was going to resolve it later thinking it was only going to be colors having an issue but as I tried to use just white, they also appear. Anyone had this issue before?

1 Like

Try to find your solution here.
This type of question is not uncommon, and may be answered in the past.
use search

of look at this wiki:

1 Like

this link feels like the closest one to my issue that I’ve been able to find so far - can you tell/show me in a screenshot where the “occlude” is and I could test that?

I have wondered this before - but what is the biggest difference in sculpt painting or texture painting? Should I consider trying sculpt painting for this model instead since it is higher poly anyway? Total model is around 90K faces right now with the body and hair.

Edit I actually found the occlude and it was ticked on, turning it off had no effect. I’ll try to keep looking.

I did find the issue - the brush itself that I was using was apparently textured, I’m not sure how this happened, and it happened twice more while working on the project.
I deleted the brush and just created a new one and it resolved my issue.

I did not save my image texture files themselves though and lost about two hours of progress. Always save your files :frowning:

** Would actually know why the image textures were lost though? Talking about it with my partner I realized I never closed or re-opened any files. I worked on this single blend file for three hours and when I finished painting and messing with UVs, I hit save like I had multiple times already while working on single edits. I decided to add an armature, edit it into position, and when was ready to rig it, I tried to go back to material mode, and my textures were all reverted back to their previous save files. *No warning ever popped up telling me I would lose the three textures I had made. Only one exists now since I saved a mostly blank copy of it last night.
-Why would blender revert to the previous texture files in the middle of me working on the project?

Are you saving the image files or the Blend file.
Image files have to be done separately for some unknown weird logic.

1 Like

I’m aware that they need to be saved separately, and no I hadn’t saved them yet, but I wasn’t done either and hadn’t closed the project. They practically deleted themselves in the middle of my workflow since I never closed, reopened, or did anything that should have reset them to their previously saved files, or deleted them since two weren’t saved at all yet.

Odd then. Perhaps there is some internal memory that can get lost if left too long? Or the memory fills up?

Have to try and be in the habit of saving, and saving as so the old one can be gone back to as well, often. Easy said, and never remembered until something like this happens, then too late!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms