2023 Collab: Week 18 “Games” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 18 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Games”.

• Games - Try to re-imagine a memorable game you used to play as a child. It could be a character or multiple, a level from the game, or a custom scene involving the game’s elements. Anything goes really so long as it’s related to your chosen game. - Board games, tabletop games, card games, computer games. See what others did: collab A, collab B, collab C
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 16 “Low poly nature” winner Geth270

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-05-06T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Old project for inspiration (I do not participate)

It’s a “remake” of Croc I made using Unreal some time ago. To be honest I had a different topic in mind for this week but coral turned out to be such a difficult prompt that I decided to go with something more “open”. Can’t wait to see what you guys make!

13 Likes

A familiar face is pixelated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

11 Likes

t-poses from the first game I remember playing just in case I couldn’t tame the weight paint on rigs in time

10 Likes

I have some time today, but I find this a difficult subject. Especially on the subject of computer games. My first computer games were pong, asteroids, dnd …
No colors, ASCII based. I will see, have fun to you all!

2 Likes

I think even monochrome games have a lot of potential. Remember the task is to re-imagine aspects of the games, not necessarily duplicate them! You could, for example, depict Asteroids from the point of view of the pilot/ship to show the intensity of action. DnD also has many avenues to explore.

1 Like

10 Likes

7 Likes

I had fun with this one. Thanks for the opportunity to play.

4 Likes

What is this? If you don’t mind me asking. I’ve never seen a board game like that.

1 Like

It’s called Perfection. A timed puzzle game. Pieces pop up when time is up.

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 19 “1950s” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Games” challenge may select a subject for next week 20 and wins a badge.

Congratulations go to @Medial and @visionary5, well done!

• Medial - A new interpretation of an old game. Besides its simplicity, the story through composition is very well told!
  • visionary5 - The objects pop out of the scene! Good flat surface. Very recognizable game (if you know the game).

• anastasions - Good starter, but not finished. I think the eyes are too big (fall outside the face, or close to the edge).
  • TheDespicableDm - Hilarious story, I like that. Maybe more emphasis on the drawing (bigger, difficult to see it is upside down). And it looks like that the rocket is hanging in the air, because of the gray platform against the grey sky.
  • Joey_Cuevas - a fun story too! But I would execute it differently (camera position). The Arcade game Donkey Kong is more in view with the gorilla in front of it. Now you can’t see the game is played.
  • consummatutest - maybe a post in the wrong section. I miss the relation to games.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

5 Likes

This is really incredible to see! I absolutely adored Croc as a kid and still think of it occasionally :slight_smile: This makes me very happy to see

Yeah, I can relate. It was a very slept-on game but it was so cute. I’m considering giving the self-made remake another shot at some point because the prototype in this screenshot is vell janky. Glad you like it.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms