2023 Collab: Week 19 “1950s” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 19 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “1950s”.

• 1950s - Aesthetics, art, movies, music, fashion, architecture, cars, or even everyday objects. If you’re feeling ambitious you could even depict one of the big historical events of that period, or make something related to one. Time travel with your mind into the 50s and bring back a souvenir for this week’s collab!
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 17 “Coral reef” winner Geth270

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-05-13T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

Forbidden Planet
1956 movie
procedural planet
procedural star

11 Likes

I’m working on this piece of furniture, RCA TV set 1951.
Goal is to have a late evening (low light) room environment, with a glowing, emitting TV-Screen.

vintv-2101885983

11 Likes

This time Id step out of low-poly comfort zone :wink:
I feel there is something oddly off here, but for now I cant pin what is it…

As always - Eevee render

10 Likes

Lovely implementation. I had the same idea, but then I thought someone will have the same idea. I think the vignette is too strong …

1 Like

Inspired by those creepy ads involving children and dangerous substances

7 Likes

Never knew such advertisements existed. “Yes, you need never feel over-smoked”

1950s Vase.
I can spend days on this one. It is an intriguing object.

9 Likes

More 1950s assets …

6 Likes

You are really going all out on this one huh. Can’t wait to see the complete scene.

2 Likes

So much to tweak, but it’s my hardware limit and my time.
Cycles 1400 samples (about 35min render time), because low lighting and the denoiser had problems with dark areas.
I wanted to add a carpet on the floor (the 1950s) (maybe I still try it). And I need more details and objects at some locations, to make it more interesting.

Have fun!

The scene is about the first color RCA TV-Set, released in 1952.

10 Likes

Hello! Everryone is well? I hope so :wink:
I had to be away for a while, but I’m resuming my studies now.
I was seeing again these very cool community scenes on gamedev, I’m posting them again on the collab, I hope it turned out nice too!
This is my scene, like a little representation of the 1950’s invention Bertie the Brain - using lamps a game of Tic-tac-toe (American English), noughts and crosses (Commonwealth English), Xs and Os (Canadian or Irish English), Jogo da Velha (Brazilian Portuguese).

Link about::
[Bertie the Brain - Wikipedia

6 Likes

Love these challenges. Would love to actually collaborate on a project with someone in future.

8 Likes

Never knew this!
Such an interesting topic.

1 Like

Good 1950s vibe, well done.

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 20 “Library” has already started. The winner of this week’s “1950s” challenge may select a subject for next week 21 and wins a badge.

1 Like

Well done all, I even set out to do this and just got nowhere near anything useable. Time, and my bad habit of getting too involved in a minutia of one tricky bit that would barely if at all be noticed by anyone. lol.

3 Likes

How do I vote? xxx

2 Likes

Just click on the circle above the picture, I do see that you figured that out though, if you need to choose someone else, hit “Show Vote” at the bottom and revote.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms