2021 Collab: Week 33 “Dice game” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 33 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Dice game”.

• Dice game - Dice, dice game

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-08-21T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
subscribe or unsubscribe to this group.

3 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

let the battle begin!!!

9 Likes

My entry

9 Likes

Here is my pic for the challenge, I don’t know where to post it, or how to vote?

12 Likes

Hi, your entry is good, just a post with an image.
The deadline is Saturday evening, but Sunday I create the voting mechanism.
If you subscribe to this BlenderCollab group you get notified.

You can always update your entry, the last image will be used for the vote.

See the special vote, message.

2 Likes

I have some difficulties with composition, but I already spend too much time on this. Blender and GameDev is sooo addictive.

Summary
  • Cycles, adaptive sampling, 512 samples, denoising
  • About 30min 1920x1080
  • 47 Objects, 30K verts, 30K faces, 60K tris
  • Dice Glass shader, worse item. Could not get green, red licht casting on the board.
  • Two lamps; spot and area. Area gives the normal map highlites. And a HDRI map.
11 Likes

I had time to put something together for this one.
Lighting’s not my best work, but it suits the scene.
No post processing on this one either.

12 Likes

EXCELLENT!! Backgammon happens to be my second favorite board game! Unfortunately, I haven’t played it in years, so your project is definitely a pleasant surprise! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Voting for “Dice game” theme - week 33

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 34 “ Kitchen appliances has already started. The winner of this week’s “Dice game” challenge may select a subject for week 35.

Wow! This pic has blown me away - you’re so good xxx Jess. I’m finding the sculpting part of the course really, really hard to get th hang of - but I suppose practise makes perfect.

1 Like

Thank you, I still haven’t mastered sculpting in all its details too. The best way is to do small little steps. Improve your way each time. Keep your project problems manageable.

The objects for the Backgammon game are very basic. But I relied a lot on texture bitmaps. Like the wood maps. And a bit of GIMP image manipulation. All techniques, will be explained in the course.

2 Likes

wow! You’re very good, The more I fiddle about with my sculpture the worse it gets, I’m trying to make a beautiful female avatar, but at the moment she has an okay body but the head of an old bald man, lol xxx

do you know how to make glass in blender? xxx

1 Like

I used to play backgammon all the time, but like you I havn’t played in years and I think I’ve forgotten all the right moves, lol xxx

It looks like the board game " Descent".

with a nice 3D trailer …

1 Like

Never even knew that game existed. My friends and I used to do cardboard setups like my entry when we played D&D. Now you can just 3D print the stuff. lol

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms