2022 Collab: Week 11 “Water" - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 11 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Water”.

• Water - Just a scene in which water is part of the subject. Rain, lakes, water bottles. Water is necessary to maintain life so Blender should be able to handle it nicely…

• Subject selected by the previous week 9 "Antique” winner: igorfv

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-03-19T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

This is my submission after a long bout of serious illness which still continues.

I don’t know why the thumbnail of youtube video link is not appearing.

https://youtu.be/XdjxwLTE8Ag

4 Likes

Paste link after pressing “Enter Button” 2-3 times.

1 Like

This too didn’t work it seems.

1 Like

It works if you use the full URL

7 Likes

I have also had the same issue as @umishrak
Copying and pasting the link results in just the link for me also, how do you do the full URL?

3 Likes

I opened on YouTube and copied from the browser

2 Likes

I did a school of fish in Unity a few months ago, the algorithm is quite entertaining to create… I’m a nerd and proud of it! :nerd_face: :rofl:

I link it in case anyone wants to see the rules of flocking/schooling/crowds.

3 Likes

Very Nice and interesting algorithm, and the outcome is awesome.

Is it not more of a Shoaling than Schooling of the Fish?

1 Like

@igorfv Thank you very much for your guide.

2 Likes

Why am I trying to do water simulation? Why do I do it with myself? Why is it so slow?

3 Likes

Update:
I ran a bunch of simulations with low res and I think I’m able to generate waves now. I’m running one with high resolution, it will take about 12h to finish it so I’ll know tomorrow.

Right now I have a base scene and the top view water shader, it works really well for top view scenes but not that well for the front view, so I may change it if necessary.

Fiert version of the shader, only one color acros the entire thing:

Last version, it changes the color and density over the X axis

Basic scene:

Shader node:

PS: This is a shader based on an youtube tutorial for fake caustics

6 Likes

I can see you like node forests!

is this the time to tell you there is a version of Blender with caustics! :rofl:

Video pre 3.1 release. Not sure if it made it into that release though. Do not think so.

6 Likes

Ob both my 3.1 beta and my 3.2 alpha it’s disabled.
I unfortunatly don’t have the version that the caustics work =(

PS: It’s not that I like the node forest, but I’m organized enough to handle it.

2 Likes

Should be available if you wanted it. The video selects it at one point, so I assume it is there to use.

1 Like

I’m loving this spray and foam =)

8 Likes

Very much WIP, but I have a fellow and a start of an environment.

10 Likes

Approaching a semi-final scene, I’m thinking. Looking at it as I say this, I already know I need to go back in and mess a bit more with the sand, and perhaps thicken the kelp forest in the background. Any specific critiques or suggestions to improve on it are welcome. This week again I’m treating the challenge as an exercise in creating textures and lighting.

8 Likes

I think somehow you need to add more light to the Big octopus. it should be the centre of attention imo not the neon jellyfish.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms