2022 Collab: Week 10 “Peace" - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 10 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Peace”.

• Peace - Peace is a concept of societal friendship and harmony in the absence of hostility and violence. In a social sense, peace is commonly used to mean a lack of conflict and freedom from fear of violence between individuals or groups.

• Subject selected by the previous week 8 "Cyberpunk” winners: ZachDude and Lintari

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-03-12T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

An old project of mine. Based on a concept I saw on the web.
It was a study on materials and texture paint with my own created stencils, see ‘N’.

14 Likes

Totally related to present situation.

3 Likes

Here’s something of a concept-capturing shot, still very early on, but I’d a bit of a rush of inspiration to give some form to. I think this project is going to very much - for me - be about playing a lot with lighting and textures. Especially lighting. The shadows are currently a pretty rudimentary form of what I have in mind, but things are developing in the major set pieces.

Edit: Got an idea and ended up tinkering a bit, may end up going with something more like the below. On top of (I think) being potentially more visually interesting, it’s got some old I, Spy book vibes that I feel will work well for the type of scene I’m musing up. Anyway, either concept I go with, I’ve got a start of a project, methinks.

Edit 2: little bit undecided between these types of textures for the lions. I’m kind of leaning toward the silver, I think. Granted, I’m half-likely to ditch either for something else altogether down the line… but still waffling on it some.

10 Likes

Soldier Z has seen countless battlefields. Every war makes him wonder more and more about the sanity of mankind…

I am doing a daily series of Soldier Z on Instagram; the following is the actual poem with which I posted it and I feel like it belongs together, so here are the words to the picture:

"Soldier Z ran from the thunder
The birds have brought at night;
He kept on marching on and on
Till dawn broke with bright light

Of a new day and a glimse of Hope!
With what he saw his mind couldn’t cope…

Crosses spreading from the mud,
Fertilised with deep red blood,
Hope pretending plants of death,
Raised after a final breath,

One helmet on each crosses’ head,
Men who wore them long time dead,
And time turns into mortal stains,
When nothing of a life remains,

But metal shells with some round holes;
Let’s hope through those escaped their souls.

Soldier Z staggers and he almost falls
But fallen ones are gone
To hold on to his life
Soldier Z must go on.

Brother, sister, mother, father, cousin or a friend…
No names can remain on a field with helmets,
On scorched earth, on dead man’s land."

If you are interested in more parts of the Soldier Z series please consider to take a look at it on my profile at Instagram: ----> Jack_Mak_Morn

Stay all save and don’t forget:
Make art, not war!

9 Likes

I think I’ll skip this week’s challenge for 2 reasons:

1. I’m really behind on my studies, I haven’t started the chess project yet.
  2. I’m really depressed with this whole war thing.

I’ll keep an eye and try to comment on everyone’s projects anyway. Good luck everyone.

10 Likes

This topic couldn’t have come at a better moment for me, I’ve been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately to the point of having panic attacks, so I know exactly what I’m going to create for this week’s collab :smiley:

8 Likes

Continued developing it some today, with an emphasis on mussing with textures of what I already have, and playing with the physics engine for the first time. I’m being perhaps a bit picky as I design this, trying to keep on theme with the core of it without making the result too busy. There’s at least three things I have in mind still to add to the scene, and a lot of tweaks to bring it round well to theme.

And what is that theme? Well, I read my history. I read my news. I’m as dismayed as anyone at current events - but I’m not surprised in a general sense. War isn’t something surprising, and that’s because of an aspect of what peace is: in a word, difficult.

The tragedy of Peace comes when we decide War feels better.

8 Likes

I’m going to try something a little different for me this week and make a digital painting completely in Blender with grease pencil. Here’s a very quick rough sketch:

10 Likes

My Concept Idea
Not actual image I’m going to use btw

7 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love the grease pencil.

4 Likes

It is a very cool tool; I’ve actually ended up using it to some degree for most of my collab pieces.

2 Likes

Here is my submission

do give feed back how can I improve it :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Perhaps toy with the the textures of the top rock some more? The others look alright, but that one’s textures feel a bit too clay-like. Not to say a rock couldn’t look like that, but it does seem a bit off for one.

2 Likes

I can’t say I’ve messed with it at all yet. New thing to play with at some point. :thinking:

2 Likes

It was pretty confusing to me at first, I needed a bunch of tutorials :grinning:
There’s layers, which is great, and then there’s also grease pencil specific materials.
But one of my favorite use cases is for ‘drawing’ wires, chocolate drizzle, anything that takes that form.

4 Likes

Maybe play a little with the light, it feels kinda flat

3 Likes

This is more than likely going to be the finalized version of my creation for this week, as I’ve kind of reached the point of “this little maneuver’s gonna cost us fifty years” due multiple things, and I’d like to spend my Blender time doing some more tutorials too. Still, it’s been a productive few days. I’ve mussed more with lighting, experimented with textures, used the physics engine for the first time, and done a solo rendition of a few recently learned bits and pieces. All in all, feels good.

Even if I’m less than sure the final product well communicates its intention. Ah well. Was fun to make.

11 Likes

ohk :slight_smile: will try to improve it
@igorfv hnn lighting i also felt is very bad. and have already started to work on it

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms