2021 Collab: Week 12 “Fairytale” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 12 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Fairytale”.

• Fairytale - That is the world of dragons, elves, fairies, unicorns, castles, and magic, where imagination is the only limit.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 10 winner anfloy - “In the air”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-03-27T22:59:00Z

4 Likes

Here is my submission hope you all like this.

16 Likes

Here’s my submission. Recently I wrote a poem about a boy who has wild flowers in his heart and stands against this cruel-cruel world. I imagined those flowers to be white lilies growing in a mystic forest that are an analogy to his pureness and innocence.
So, this is some kind of illustration to the poem)

15 Likes

Beautiful!!

May I suggest you put the flower a little more down? (Look up the rule of thirds in composition.)

@niladri_ghosh I love the glow and mystical athmosphere. Awesome!
@Tetiana_Stasiv You make me want to hear the poem! :wink: What a beautiful flower!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

This was part of an old project. I didn’t have the time to do what I’ve planned for this Fairy-tale challenge.

8 Likes

Week 13 Blender collab subject: “Award”

So many challenges on these forums, so many good entries, so many ways to express ourselves in the given subjects. It is time for an award for all contesters out there.
Have fun! Try to learn something new.

Signal: @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

3 Likes

Quickly repurposed the fluffy animal I was already working on :face_with_hand_over_mouth: (Edit: hat placement.)

…from some fairytale. Rig is for quadruped so was very tricky to pose. Grass is using geometry nodes.

Haven’t really figured out how to do good-looking NPR metals, so sword looks kinda weird.

Anyway, I’m finally done with all the Blender courses on this site, so this will be my last entry. Will be dropping in again every now and then, but this is basically goodbye. Special thanks to @FedPete, @Marc_Carlyon, @Ethan_Martinez, @NP5, @bOBaN, @Tyger2, @Blest and @Leon_V2 for making the time I spent here so worthwhile.

Good luck to everyone in your future endeavors!

9 Likes

Great use of your Cat, Puss in boots.

3 Likes

Keep calm and believe in Fairies!

14 Likes

9 Likes

I find this comment a very disappointing and in many ways sad indictment for this community.

Not an indictment at all… unless you think my entry is really that bad (I’d be the first to admit that I suck at NPR and since NPR techniques aren’t covered in the courses I hope that my inexperience in it doesn’t reflect badly on the course).
Always impressed by the talent in this forum.
Was talking about preparing to move on in a previous post from week ago and I summed up my feelings there.
I’m very grateful for my time here and will be popping back every now and then as I enjoy answering technical Blender questions.

3 Likes

The indictment was on your leaving and reason given - i.e. you’re finished with the course thus you find no reason to stick around, maybe help others like you’ve previously been helped. Your reason if adopted my the majority wouldn’t bode well for the community’s future in general.

The “indictment” had nothing to do with your entry… I would never say anything negative about anyone’s submissions… why would you think I would say that?

Excellent work

2 Likes

Nice atmosphere! Can you please make mice a bit bigger? (I thought at first they are cockroaches…)

2 Likes

Understandable, still a pity. I did all the courses years ago. But still hanging out here, just for the fun.
I wish you all the best, glad you’ve made it to the end of the courses. It was a long journey, if you did all the challenges and side kicks …

Hope to see more work from you, have fun what ever it is!

3 Likes

Voting entries week 12 “Fairytail” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 13 “Award has already started. The winner of this week’s “Fairytail” challenge may select a subject for week 14.

I see a lot of faeries, some (cat) tails (Fairytails). Mystical environments. This subject inspired us in many ways. Well done everybody!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms