2021 Collab: Week 12 “Fairytale” - CLOSED

Wow, the lighting of the scene. Like an old Dutch master. I really appreciate this.
But some tiny problems which could be avoided. The texture of the broomstick is repeating. Like Blest said already, mice too small. And the glass slipper is difficult to recognize. I would have rotated z-ax, so high heels would be more visible, to show a distinctive shape.

1 Like

Thank you. I must admit not calculating the mouse size. I thought it about right to the slipper size. However, These things look different smaller rather than full screen on my largish monitor. I did want to avoid being rats, though the tale did include lizards and a rat, I just did not have time to make more.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I had to get rid of world light, I might have gone even more light constrained but that often looks too dark on line. I was aiming for the darkness of the old master look as much as anything to hide the emptiness of the scene. lol. It also worked as late night, after the ball, era candlelight.

Very much a ‘do not spend too long on this affected’. The floor and walls are proper textures rest are basic one node procedurals.

Mouse possibly small I failed to check sizes and relate it to the slipper.

I had the slipper standing on its right way up on its sole’ bottom, but wanted some ‘dropped, carefree effect’ so rolled it onto its side. Additional Z rotation is probably an improvement.

It is a scene that could be worked up more certainly, the floor is too clean and needs dirt, spilt lentils, the back wall could have a hearth with a nearly out, few glowing embers, of a fire, old cook pot suspended over it. More clutter on the table. All sorts. The table could be more rustic, worn, less new from Ikea.

3 Likes

@FedPete can you enlighten about your entry.

I understand it’s not finished as you were time poor on this occasion.

Another amazing entry and great composition by @Blest. Where do you find the time to model and material so much detail.

@NP5, mice are typically not much bigger than a thumb :hugs:

Well done to all entrants.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I did not have enough time… The hardest was deciding what to make. And I worked with it till 2 at night before finish. But I appended all stuff from previous pictures and just changed it.

2 Likes

Amazing work as always guys.

@niladri_ghosh, your entry reminds me of something, but I can figure out what exactly.

2 Likes

Potter’s Patronus?

2 Likes

No I was referring to @FedPete who I’m sure mentioned he hadn’t the time spare.

@Blest yours looked very well finished indeed

Patronus but slightly edited. In my edition only horns are glowing.

1 Like

Congratulations @Blest.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Privacy & Terms