2021 Collab: Week 11 “Hair salon” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 11 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Hair salon”.

• Hair salon - a shop where people go to have their hair cut and put into a particular style.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 09 winner Blest - “Retro game”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-03-20T22:59:00Z

3 Likes

Thanks @FedPete for the heads up… definitely a tricky one this week with “Hair Salon” :flushed:

Hopefully I’ll find some time to enter with something…

1 Like

I guess I’ll start us off this week with my Barbers Pole rendered with Eevee.

8 Likes

Boy does that ever bring back memories of my youth. I don’t run across “barber shops” much these days, but there was one a block and a half from the house we lived in when I was a young kid.

Of course, back then they were much longer poles that were free standing on the ground outside the shops. I kind of like this style hanging on a wall though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did a google search and found several dimensions - I liked this size personally.

I haven’t seen the inside of a barbers myself in well over a decade (probably even more) as I cut my own hair with a hair trimmers - which I was debating modelling instead (the trimmers, not my hair :crazy_face:)…, but I wanted to do something again with glass for the practice.

3 Likes

Well the glass came out great, so I think you’ve got a good handle on it. :wink:

2 Likes

Went with something that I thought would be relatively quick and easy.
Getting it just right so that I’m happy with it took a bit more than I expected though.

10 Likes

Very nice model. IvyGen worked well. The ‘clay’ plain colour has a good appeal. Will there be a full colour materials version yet to come?

2 Likes

I am working on doing colored textures and IvyGen sure is fun to play with.

3 Likes

Looks awesome! If I may ask, how did you make the text? Displacement map? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blender has a text object, you can choose from every font on your system. Not all fonts will work well.

2 Likes

New challenge “Fairytale”.

Still, some hours left to finish the “Hair salon” challenge!

Signal: @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @Exitus19 @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tetiana_Stasiv @xMezzy @Yee

4 Likes

FedPete is right, I added a couple Text objects and increased the Extrude in the Text Geometry setting.

2 Likes

Spring Vibes

8 Likes

Great entry.

I actually like the fact the wallpaper is badly put up and the pattern does not match up! Helps make it a wallpapered room.

Eevee

9 Likes

The Haircut Covid has make me laugh! Love it!

2 Likes

Voting entries week 11 “Hair salon” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 12 “Fairytale is already started. The winner of this week’s “Hair salon” challenge may select a subject for week 13.

This time not so many entries. Maybe the weather, Covid19, or people don’t visit the Hair salon that much? Who knows. Still good entries. I see a growth in Blender experience and composition. Well done everybody!

So I added color.
The materials are mostly procedural, I added more plants and a light above the roof access door.

8 Likes

Privacy & Terms