The Blender Collab: Week 32 "A Mystical Place"

This is the Blender collaboration week 32 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

This weeks subject is “A Mystical Place”. Whether it is the dilapidated ruins of a lost civilization, a natural wonder or an evil-looking building… share your vision of a location that oozes with mystical energy.

Lots of you know how to make Mayan pyramids by now… see if you can take it to the next level!

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-09-01T10:00:00Z

Last week’s collab
Hall of fame.

12 Likes

This should be a fun one! my submission may be a bit more lengthy than they usually are, we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

My entry was going to be a dark default cube, incredible mysterious, no one know what’s inside it, but I think I have an actual idea this time around.

2 Likes

To get you inspired …

8 Likes

Awesome Pete!!! I happen to be a fan of Escher’s work, and you did a fantastic job of it. :wink:

1 Like

3D Model Made Me confused for a while

1 Like

“The Leprechaun’s Home”

This one took me a little while.
A lot of the textures are from too many places to list, texturehaven.com, cc0textures.com, 3dtextures.me, etc. and some are procedural.
The leprechaun and goblin model is by Nazedo from cgtrader:
https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/character/fantasy/the-leprechaun-the-goblin
There is an Artemis statue on his desk there too and that’s by Rigsters on sketchfab:
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/artemis-fountain-b9985a307aac41bbad4339fa46122d7a

11 Likes

Nice work friend

1 Like

Wow that image pulls me right into the world. I’ll love to play a game taking place somewhere like that! It’s like stepping right into one of Grimm Brothers’ fairytales.
What’s inside the tree trunk, I do wonder? I see a light, but I can’t tell what it is.

1 Like

I’ve been to the countryside recently and saw some historic buildings so I was able to get some inspiration.

16 Likes

I really like the stained glass windows. Those are fantastic.

3 Likes

Thanks Digitz, I just subdivided the face until there were enough faces to edit. It was kind of like trying pixel art.

1 Like

Too dark for me.

2 Likes

I think I had that issue with another image I put on here. I think it’s a screen brightness thing. Everything is illuminated well and clear on my end.
This one might display better on your end though. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yeah it does look better lit up this way.

2 Likes

Good job. Love those textures.

1 Like

I’m in. Hope you all enjoy this. Please share your thoughts and suggestions.
All the textures are downloaded from: https://texturehaven.com/

Increased the lighting

17 Likes

I like the aesthetics, especially the trees. Looks like the UV unwraps for the stones around the fence and the front of the mausoleum could use some work.

1 Like

Almost done with my submission, looking pretty good so far.

Pretty happy with this submission, got the textures off the internet, nowhere specific, just searched it up and went to images.

15 Likes

Privacy & Terms