The Blender Collab: Week 19 Themed Gallery ("Party time!")

We had a lot more entries last week, hopefully we can get even more this week!

Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn and get together.

Rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject . It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome! Post your picture here in this thread.

This week’s topic was “Party time!” Woo hoo!

• Deadline: 2020-05-11T11:00:00Z. (I pushed it back a bit to make sure everybody can get a weekend in regardless of time zone)

This week’s winner is @albesca’s “Cube Dudes partying after a week of hard work”

Last week’s challenge (“The first thing a pirate needs”)
Hall of Fame

9 Likes

I’m going to the shop to get some …

15 Likes

I am gonna make a disco ball. Looks like no one has come to the party yet so it is turned off. When every body comes, lets party :partying_face: :partying_face: :man_dancing: :man_dancing:

16 Likes

Mad Hatter …

3 Likes

Pretty proud of this submission!

the disco ball is a bit weird due to isometric scenes having no roof :sweat_smile: but I think it came out pretty good. Can’t wait to see what everyone else makes!

16 Likes

I wanted to give it a sort of robust, makeshift set up, like a normal room fixed up for a temporary party room of some sort.

2 Likes

Reminds me of how we would adapt our house for parties in college. Also fitting for a quarantine party of one!

2 Likes

Without whom the party won’t be great? - Dancing Queen!

16 Likes

Haha, she looks kind-of like a party queen M&M character!

That’s all I could manage with primitive forms, I am a true beginner !

3 Likes

Real party time. :grin:

18 Likes

wow, that looks great! I love the material on the ribbons!

3 Likes

Here is my take on the party theme:

For me party == board game parties, so I made a scene from the game “Root” which I really like. The reference image is from here ( https://tinyurl.com/y9b8232t ).

The render was done in 1080p with cycles using 128 samples.

I hope you like it!

15 Likes

How am I looking for the party ??? Dressing up and choosing clothes and styles for the party really matters .
Learnt this from a you tube video ondesigning funko pops .
You can gat reference image from here and you can make your own funko pop also https://www.funko.com/

15 Likes

Can we also change the fonts ? Just asking . Those ribbons are gorgeous .

You texture painted those eyes ??? These are super cute .

Haha, yes but using the actual game meeples texture as a brush… So I don’t deserve any creative credits here, but yes they are very cute :slight_smile:

I love how smooth your character is! How did you make it happen? Did you use curve to outline him?

I used a cube and applied subsurf modifier of level 3 , to whole object . And then used denoise node in compositor . its the only node i know in compositor till now , i use it to denoise cycles render .

Wow, good job! FYI, if you want an alternative method to denoising cycles renders, you can also activate it in the “view layer properties” of the properties windows (when cycles is used as your render engine):

1 Like

Privacy & Terms