All GameDev.tv Blender Courses

Off to a good start. Started your own distillery! :rofl:
Welcome to this site.

Right click and select ‘shade smooth’ would get rid of the faceting on the glass.

Second render has issues with set up or lighting greyed out. Other people of the community will need details of what renderer you used etc. to help out with advice.

This is a very very general thread, better to start a new thread in the ‘show’ section, modeling course, more likely to be seen and commented on there.

I have a really hard time navigating the site, i ts not laid out very intuitive.

The faceting was by design, i was going for a ridged look like this https://cb2.scene7.com/is/image/CB2/SuaveDbleOldFashionROS17

the second whiskey was with volumetric fog. the exact same lighting. should have been more clear, sorry.

Yes Took me a while to get used to it. I select the blender courses, then either just show section or ‘all’. I do not take any notice of the lecture specific separations. Everything gets shown in the ‘all’ section, most of the activity is in the ‘show’ one.

OK fine, done deliberately terrific. Just with new posters, it’s a common thing they have missed understanding. You seem to know a fair bit more than a beginner.

Didnt mean to sound abrasive if i did ;/
And yea, this is my second go around with the course.

1 Like

No you did not. No worries at all.

Ah thought not a beginner even if the first time here. Hope to see you about here more, even taking part in the weekly group activity they call the ‘colab’ (collaboration)

Deadline was today, nope lol
Ill keep an eye on it. once i can figure out how to navigate this site.

1 Like

No worries. They are weekly so you can jump in on the next one if you want!

1 Like

Definitely the first one.

Are the pencil and glue bottle two objects, or are they each made up of numerous objects?

Sorry to hear that Mike is taking a break. Created this piece as one of the scene elements for my first game.

5 Likes

Welcome to this site.
Good looking bit of furniture. I suspect the wood grain is overly large, needs scaling smaller.

Agreed, still trying to get comfortable with mapping options in the shader. Created from a single cube. Loop cut, extrude, and dissolve edges.

Multiple objects each Merged

You will come to understand that blender allows you to modify a single object into any shape you want. It really is an interesting workflow. You will start spending a lot more time in edit mode.

First Time blender use. Just played around with what you taught me… Here is my Chapter 1 Challenge

17 Likes

Hi, i am new here and also new in this field.
i make this in 5 days

6 Likes

The course is not even completed for Blender 2.83 it is in work from last year still. When will you complete it I wanted to learn it from last year so I waited for the updates and here I see it is still in changes.

Enjoying the course so far, went almost halfway when it was 2.79b, now restarting it with 2.82a to learn the new interface.

I also highly recommend the Unity Courses by Gamedev.tv and the Gamedev.tv community podcasts, and just purchased the Blender 3D characters course on sale --stoked!

my primitive well:

4 Likes

Temple scene renders. hope you like them :laughing: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms