The Blender Bi-Monthly Project: Month 2 (November - December 16)

Hi guys!

Unfortunately, @Morgaine_Christensen has withdrawn her topic for this month. But I think it’s important to remind her that we appreciate her submissions and contributions to the forum! She has asked me to submit a new theme, so I hope everyone has fun with this new topic, despite the circumstances.

The new topic for November and December (the rest of 2016!) is:

:smile_cat: Characters! :grin:

It seems timely with the completion of the human head section that we should be able to expand our usual challenge to a larger, more ambitious scale! This month’s challenge is about characters, be it humanoids, anthropomorphic, or entirely animalistic!

If you’re not sure where to start, let me give you an idea! Maybe you could grab a concept piece from www.artstation.com (as I have!). You could grab a reference from google, or you could make a character based on your favourite videogame or movie! Maybe you’re a whizz-bang artist, you could draw one up and 3D the HECK out of it. As is always the case with Blender, there is no limit!

Remember that if you’re not comfortable in creating the character yourself, you can still participate! You could grab one on Blendswap or similar site, and create a set of clothes, props, an animation, or a scene involving them. There are a lot of great tutorials on Youtube if you want to create your own character though! (Do make sure to credit the original artist of any Blendswap files or tutorial videos you use to create your submission)

Good luck, everyone! I can’t wait to see your characters come to life.

5 Likes

To kick it off, I’ve been working hard on a character design I found on www.artstation.com. Here’s a teaser, the full image to come a bit later in the month~

Remember that you can use this topic to post your progress, advertise to collaborate with other artists, ask for tips, or general discussion. Also remember; you can do anything!

4 Likes

My contribution : a diver (it’s strange, i didn’t find a particular name in english for “scaphandrier”) with 2 white sharks.

10 Likes

Made a robot from a tutorial in a book :slight_smile: Will probably not have time to texture it before the 16:th so here is the untextured modle

Edit: Got extra time and the textures took alot less time then I thought it would :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s not ending the 16th of december, but at the end of december 2016.
So you have plenty time :wink:

3 Likes

Some really nice work I am seeing! Great job!

1 Like

A Goomba! :mushroom: :smiley:

6 Likes

Probably needs the eyebrows to really bring it home :smiley:

2 Likes

Done! :smiley: (post needs to be more than ten characters)

1 Like

I’d like to get this THREAD to more than ten characters xD

3 Likes

LOL! Nice… :smiley:

1 Like

I found this little guy and couldn’t resist making it.

The world needs more penguins.

6 Likes

…he looks like a trouble maker… angle those eye browse slightly and I get the impression he has done/left something in the igloo for the others! Bad penguin! :smiley:

1 Like

I did think about doing that, but decided to wait until I learn how to rig the model so I can pose it however I want and not have to worry about messing anything up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hehe… well I hope if you continue with him you will share again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a terrible memory, but I’ll make a note to do so.

1 Like

Crrrrrrap, I forgot about the monthly! The New Year definitely got the better of me. Well, here is my submission for the monthly, though I never got to texturing or finishing up on him.

The submission with the most upvotes is Aapef’s diver. Congratulations to Aapef, as well as every other submitter for this month, some very great work.

@Aapef, can you please submit the topic for the first monthly for the year. We are changing it back to a single-monthly, so please name it “The Blender Monthly Project (January 17)”

It’s great to be a part of this community, and sorry for forgetting for a whole week! @.@

5 Likes

So much fantastic work again by everyone who took part - well done all. I will look forward to seeing all of the entries for the next month - thanks @McFuzz for sorting and to @Aapef for starting off the new year! :slight_smile:

Happy new year, the monthly challenge is here The Blender Monthly Project (January 17)

Privacy & Terms