Welcome Everyone!

Hello all! I am Will and I am here to get away from kludgy 3D tools like tinkercad or 123d and learn a little about how this should really be done. My goals are to be able to produce better models for 3D printing and explore the game/cinematic side of this world as well.

Good evening, My name is Alexis Rae Baker, although most people just call me Allie. I’m 22, a new college graduate, an author, and a semi truck driver. I’ve been somewhat of a student of 3D animation for a while (I’ve done some work with it sporadically over the years). I took a course on 3D modeling when I was in high school a school called the Newmarket Skills Center, I found that I really enjoyed the class but it was just a summer course and I didn’t get as much information as I would have liked. I’m especially excited about the project to create a human face as that’s something I’ve always wanted to accomplish but never knew how.

My goals for this course largely center around learning how better to 3D model, rig the characters, and animate scenes. I would also love to figure out how to make incredible background scenes and have bought and additional course which focuses mainly on that (even though I might not need it).

I’ve always been an entrepreneur at heart (as you can probably tell by the plethora of professional descriptions I’ve used above) and I hope to maybe figure out a way to use my love of 3D animation to potentially make a living and to help support my desire to create art and a life I’d be proud to live. Whether this is through designing short videos, creating models to sell, making still art, or moving art pieces, I don’t really care, but I believe that through follow this passion that I can figure out some way to share my love of 3D magic with the world.

One thing I always like to tell people is that the best way to make money is to create something worth $5 to 400 people every month. So, I recommend you keep that in mind if you share my desire to live a life of your own creation.

I’m done preaching for now, and I’m so excited to take this course.

Thanks for reading,

Alexis Rae

you have some really cool stuff

Hi there folks, my name is Sal and I am learning to be a character creator. Really excited to learn #Blender - Talk soon {PROBABLYwheniGETstuckLOL} - Sal x.

Hi all, I’m going to guess that I am way out of the demographics range in this group. I started my professional software career filipping switches on a PDP 8 in 1970. I’m now programming in c# and web technologies. I’m here because I recently ordered an X-Carve and looking for 3D (actually 2.5D) modeling software. I tried to learn Blender in the past, but found very little resources for learning it. Looking forward to the course.

Hi @AlexisRBaker and @SalTheStylist and @kcha and @Miss_Victoria, and a special greeting to everyone else who’s been joining us recently. This is to all you promising character creators out there!

We’re having a friendly challenge on the forums at the moment. The challenge is themed around designing a character (or making a fan character, or animating, or posing one for a scene; anything, really!), and it sounds like you may benefit a lot from working on something like that! When you get comfortable with the tools and processes taught in the course, feel free to swing over to our thread and create a character! We encourage entries at any skill level, and allow collaboration between our members.

It will do a world of good to push yourself for the sake of showing off what you’ve learned! The submissions close on this challenge on the 31st of December! I hope to see some of our newer members show off their potential!

1 Like

Thanks Alexis! :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is Hunter, and I’ve downloaded this course in hopes of learning how to use blender for my education towards engineering. I am trying to make it into a profession and I feel as if this is my first big step towards that direction! I am so glad there is a community with the same feeling as me.

Hi. My name is Tristan Purrington. I live on the east side of Washington. I want to learn Blender as a hobby and maybe for gaming/animation. I have worked in blender some but have been discouraged due to the difficulties of learning Blender. I look forward to learning Blender with everyone.

Hello,
My name is Tony, I have found 3d modeling fascinating for many years, but have never taken the time to learn. I am really excited about this course and look forward to finding fun ways to implement what I learn.

Hello, I’m Jay. I’m just taking advantage of the Udemy sale to get a few things I’m interested in. I’ve long been interested in 3d modelling and I used to do some back in my Amiga days so I’m looking to learn again with modern software. I don’t really have a goal in mind, I enjoy learning and creating things so I’ll just see where it takes me.

Hello there, my name’s Chris, I’ve been trying out Blender and Unity a little bit already but decided some structured learning was the best way forward. My goal is to be able to make some games and digital art in my spare time.

Hi, my name is Josh. I am a programmer and a gamer. I stumbled across Unity and found that i could code games with other peoples assets but have no skills to make my own so i picked up Blender, a few books, and found this course. I’d just like to be able to make some games in my spare time, enjoy the challenge, and see how far I can go.

Hi all,

I’m a programmer that graduated AIE in 2015 what to learn blender.

Hi Michael , Ben! and Hello Everyone!

I am Tejaswini and so excited to be in this forum. I am an amateur and aspiring artist and have lot of interest in artworks and fascinated by 3D models and animation. I’ve happened to know about blender and would like to learn, develop and explore in it. Since, I am into painting having knowledge in blender would help me out in creating virtuality of images, scenes and situations. I am also an Computer Science graduate which I hope would be an added advantage.

Looking forward for lot of valuable insights!!!

Thank you!

Hello, I’ve dabbled a bit with blender before but couldn’t understand it all that well. Hence I’ve joined this course. My goal is visual communication - I wish to use animation and games for educational purposes. I also have some fantasy dreams - entire worlds - to create about the human body as a living city. Hope that I get to learn way more and be able to fulfill my dreams :slight_smile: Thank you Ben and Michael!

Hi, i am Johannes, and i want to learn 3D modelling to be able to design parts that i can print on the 3d printer i am about to built.

Hello everyone. My name is Mark, but I go by Lark on most forums. I a gamer and programmer just learning 3D modeling for some custom assets, objects, environments, and maybe even monsters for Legend of Grimrock II mod development. I hope I landed at the right place! I’m having a blast so far!

Btw. Hey My name is Billy and im taking this course to learn more about modelling im also very happy that this course existed, And i hope in the future be able to develope Assets and stuff to mods and games :slight_smile:

Hi, my name is Yann and I am a complete beginner at everything regarding computers. I decided to learn to use blender because I am tired of not being able to do anything more than the basic internet scrolling. The thought of being able to create things and use my imagination in a new way is very exiting, but the complexity of it all is quite scary. I am going to do everything I can to not lose hope and see this to the end.

Privacy & Terms