We’ve been talking in The new challenge discussion thread! about doing a collaborative project together, so I’m just going to try to start one and see how it goes.
The idea is to choose a small scene to work on together. The purpose is to gain experience working on a project together as a team. This would be good practice for those of us who hope to work in the industry in the future, and would also increase the scope over what we can achieve individually. Plus I just think it’d be fun.
Here is a proposed timeline (with suggestions in parentheses):
- propose topics (4 days)
- vote on collective favorite (1 day)
- whoever’s idea it was could be the “lead” for that project (unless they really don’t want to, then they/we could choose someone else)
- we divide the labor (volunteer for what you’d like to work on, the lead can adjust as needed)
- set some intermediate deadlines (depends on the project)
- finish after a certain amount of time (a month or less)
If this works, we could then theoretically repeat it the next month in different roles, so that we get practice doing different things.
Anyone is welcome to join, though I hope those who join will see it through. Even if there are just a few of us, I think it will be worthwhile.
Let’s combine powers and have some fun!