Money Money, Money ? Ahaaaaa Moooney

I wonder if anyone makes money as a 3D artist in here, how do you actually earn it ? (freelance or an actual Job)
cause I see on some websites (ex, sketchfab) most models in there are free (most of them are high quality and really really good) that’s why I wonder …
What Can I do to take that as a career not just a hobby

2 Likes

learn the skill, and then learn about how Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) work. Believe it or not, Computers are slowly getting incredibly good at creating 99% of the models, but will need some help here and there. If you want to be future-proof, educate yourself on strong, proper communication with AI, and then be prepared to slowly fine-tune what it does to match your needs (or worst case scenario, be ready to manually create what you need)

That, and marketing when you’re actually good enough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

See topics mentioned here .

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered, there are a few avenues you can explore. Freelancing is definitely one option, where you can work on projects for clients or even create and sell your own models. It’s competitive, but with dedication and a solid portfolio, it’s doable. Another route is finding a job in a studio or a company that needs 3D artists, whether it’s for gaming, animation, architecture, or other industries. Also, aside from traditional 3D art gigs, have you ever considered exploring money app games? I’ve heard there are some pretty fun ones out there where you can earn real cash prizes. It might not be directly related to 3D art, but it could be a fun and potentially lucrative side hustle. Plus, who doesn’t love a good game?

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms