Building The Brooklyn Bridge

I’m am currently working on the Brooklyn Bridge in Blender as my way of following Section One of the Blender Environment Course. I started making a simple bridge and I thought to myself why not go big and try to make the Brooklyn Bridge. So far I am really satisfied with what I am able to create. I am going to post updates. Stay Tuned! Pictures coming soon!

13 Likes

Here is a sneak peak! :stuck_out_tongue:

32 Likes

Can’t wait to see the end result.

3 Likes

Me too :joy:

1 Like

Nice. That’s a great personal challenge you set for yourself. Looks fun.

2 Likes

Wow it’s 3am and your awake. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Too busy to sleep xD

1 Like

Wow, respect my friend.

2 Likes

Your model looks absolutely amazing so far. How many hours has taken the modeling process until you´ve reached this state?

1 Like

Many hours probably 14 hours. I really don’t know I’ve been at this project for awhile. Haven’t been able to put so much time into it like when I posted this update. That day I spent another 6 hours.

2 Likes

The bridge has so many time consuming details… Where did you find pics of the details or did you make reference photos of your own?

2 Likes

I used google images, YouTube videos, and The Fantastic Four movie xD

5 Likes

you need to be creative 110% , even looking for references!!

2 Likes

I agree 100%!

2 Likes

Tower in Progress

6 Likes

Here is a video of the flag that is going to be at the top of the bridge. I learned about cloth modifier and I also learned about force fields in Blender. It was really exciting and fun to make. I had a hard time getting the flag design on and having it right on both sides. It looks good from this angle but from the other side it looks backwards. I’m still working that out.

The Towers are coming along. There is a lot of detail with the towers. It is the hardest part of the project so far. I am working towards a finished project rather than killing myself with the minor details. Right now at the moment I am working on the archways of the towers. By next week I will have a photo of the towers with the flags on top!

8 Likes

Another Update! Today I worked on the cables and suspensions! It was very time consuming! Here are the Towers I built last week. It took me a week to get them the way I wanted them. So much tweaking but I wanted it to be very detailed and to look like the real thing. I am new to Blender so there was a lot of mistakes and setbacks but I pushed through.

I am going to do The Brooklyn Bridge in a sunset setting. I really want to capture the beautiful aesthetic. I am nearing the end of this project and it has been amazing! I love every single one of your comments and am thankful for Jada for pushing me into doing this forum.

It is funny how I am doing this while following the first section of the blender environment course. I haven’t even finished the section yet xD I wonder what section 2 will have in store for me.

13 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

WOW, Kevin! Your towers look very amazing and it is every minute worth you spend on the details! What a wonderful progress!

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it! It has been so much fun! Every minute has been worth it!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms