Building United Planets of Galaxies

Hello everyone!

You might know me as the host of the GameDev.tv Podcast and the guy who made the Brooklyn Bridge in Blender.

You can check out the Podcast here: https://www.gamedev.tv/p/video-game-development-podcast

You can check out the Brooklyn Bridge thread here: Building The Brooklyn Bridge

I have been struggling with my programming journey for so long but after long time of not getting it I finally understand what I am doing. This video: C++ Crash Course took everything I have learned and put it in a way that it finally clicked in my head.

I have had this idea called United Planets of Galaxies for so long now. I have been throwing it around with people close to me and I decided that it’s something I am very passionate about. I have been following the Unreal C++ course and after I completed the Simple Shooter section I decided to use what I have to make a first person shooter RPG based off the amazing game The Outer Worlds. I am in love with that game and I want to create my own version.

So far I am really satisfied with what I am able to create. I am going to post updates. Stay Tuned! Pictures coming soon!

1 Like

Here is a sneak peak! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

wow!

1 Like

Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Great atmosphere, using light to guide the user.
Excellent job! Share more.

1 Like

Thank you for all the advice. I will say that the environments are not of my creation. I just downloaded them. They are just set pieces to where I want to go. The more I see what I want to create the more motivated I get. The main goal with this project is to learn programming. I am pushing myself to create space battles. It has been hard grasping programming and Unreal. I have been struggling for years but now that I have a better understanding I am continuing with my project that will one turn into my dream game. Once I finish that I will start working on levels and the other stuff. Here is a sneak peek into the space battles I am working on for the next few months.

3 Likes

Ambitious project! Go for it and good luck!! The scenes are very good. Waiting to play the first preview!

1 Like

I almost forgot I posted this. I haven’t completely abandoned this project but it has morphed into a Sifu, spine, cyberpunk, Wukong, god of war, type of game.

I am also doing the NEW Unreal Engine 5 C++: Make Your Own Action Combat Game Course.
For the first challenge I had to choose a thumbnail.
I have two main characters a girl with powers using a samurai sword named Alya and a mercenary named Edrix who uses a rifle and pistol.

The game takes place in the United Planets of Galaxies Universe on a highly dense populated futuristic city planet with a variety of biomes outside the city.

Privacy & Terms