Building Wii Play Tank Game

I’m am currently working on the Wii Play Tank Game in Unreal as my way of following Section Three of the Unreal C++ Course. I started making a following the course and I thought to myself why not try to recreate one of my favorite childhood games. So far I completed the section and am now implementing all the features that were in the game. I am going to post updates. Stay Tuned! Pictures coming soon!

If nobody is familiar with the Wii Play Tank Game here is a screen shot.

Also here is a great video explaining more in-depth about the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQgxTgIQNk

I have been super busy and behind in my Unreal C++ learning journey. I recently started college and have been focusing on that. I am now ahead in my studies that I’m itching to continue forward in my Gameplay Programming Journey. I am super passionate about this project just like my Building The Brooklyn Bridge. Also I am working on creating an Outer Worlds clone by following Section Four the Simple Shooter Section. I’m doing that one video a day. That project is a very long term. This project right now is my new focus and I will be pushing myself to work on it every week and posting an update once every week on Wednesdays. I’m pushing myself to learn a lot of programming so I can get a job here in LA as a gameplay programmer. I plan on releasing this game when I finish it. I’m excited to push my limits and get this game out there to the world. I will share everything and hope to inspire others to work on their game!

Here is what I got so far. Yup, nothing special but we are off to a good start. Now it’s time for the real fun. My next step is figuring out how to get the projectile to bounce off the wall. I have a few ideas. We will see how it turns out! If you are following along and have any ideas I would love for you to share them.

Well, I’m going to go hop on over into Unreal.
I’ve got lots of work to do!

K-B

Privacy & Terms