Blender Collab: Week 36 "Magic Shop"

This is the Blender collaboration week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “ Magic Shop ” (chosen by @Tanunen)

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-10-08T19:00:00Z

Last Week’s Collab
Hall of Fame

8 Likes

Some Props… :slight_smile: Hopefully I have time for more!

PS: maybe you recognize the skull from an earlier challenge :wink:

23 Likes

Oh that alone is already stunning to look at
G̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶b̶l̶e̶n̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶j̶o̶b̶ ̶h̶e̶h̶e̶h̶u̶e̶ ̶

2 Likes

That looks magical. How did you make the glitter? Is it particle physics or just lots and lots of meshes? Also, nice use of the skull. I feel like ot’s staring deep into my soul shivers

16 Likes

If I were to guess. I’d say it’s a curve, converted to a mesh with a particle system.

11 Likes

Glitter was a particle system with a force field: curve guide :slight_smile: You just let the animation play, until your happy with it. First time I learnt about force fields with this, but they’re so much fun!

Here’s another prop WIP (Awesome topic @Tanunen -> I get so many ideas ^^):

18 Likes

Ohhhh, inspired by one of my favorite artists, M. C. Escher. Nicely done. :grinning:

4 Likes

14 Likes

Here is the start of my submission

10 Likes

Here is my completed stand selling Wands.

I originally thought about doing a full on magic shop but, decided that would be a bit too ambitios for this project. I’ll just borrow some potions from @Sblendid if I need one :innocent:

17 Likes

Here Is My Render

This Is My First Time In Blender Collab

9 Likes

I Was Thinks That Mine Current Post Does Not Match To The Theme So I decided To Go And Replace This, Here Is My Progress Update on New Idea , Hope I Will Finish It In Time

13 Likes

Yes I remember the skull. It is from the cave scene. Which has the Dino shadow on the background wall. But I think in this render of the skull that nice bumpy noise texture is missing. Great scene though. Specially the glittering effect😍

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. Tried to keep it more “stylized”, that’s why I didn’t use the noise texture here. I am still struggeling to figure out, how to make everything look more “sharp” though.
And yes, the glitter was most fun to do as well :smiley:

I was planning to make a whole stylized magic shop scene, but because I have too much work to do with lectures and my master thesis, I don’t think I’ll get it done in time. :pensive:

1 Like

For making things more sharp, the compositing tab and enabling use nodes can help. It’s similar to shader nodes, but for “post processing”. A little more simple, possible, solution is to go to the Render Properties tab, under Color Management at the bottom and then “Look”. Maybe high or very high contrast will give you the result you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Oh nice to hear that you are doing masters. I had completed mine back in the year 2016. Yes the final submission of the thesis is really a pain in the bum😂

Your props are looking great!

What’s your major?

Thanks :slight_smile: I am studying medicine. Which is why I am most active on here during my semester breaks in summer or winter :wink:

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms