Blender Collab: Week 37 “Yellow”

This is the Blender collaboration week 37 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “ Yellow

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2020-10-18T10:00:00Z

9 Likes

Wonderful!

1 Like

I thought I’d share the first bit of my project. I’m thinking of setting up a peaceful scene (and fit for autumn of course). The human model is recycled from other projects.

13 Likes

Someone told me about this and here I go! One of my first two designs.
A pig and a sunset :pig2: :sunrise_over_mountains:
Hope you like it! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

16 Likes

I tired to keep it short and sweet this week with a maple pecan latte.

17 Likes

Loving the Whipped Cream. :wink:

7 Likes

Amazing!

4 Likes

Looks Gorgeous!
Dunno if that’s intentional, pine seeds(If that’s what they’re called) look a bit Clay-ish?

2 Likes

And my scene is ready for submission!
I decided to do a tranquil autumn scene because I love autumn colours, and yellow plays a big part of the autumn landscape after all. I would definitely lay in the shade and smell the autumn air as leaves rain down like a blanket around me.

This was a quick and fun scene to make. The human model is the only one recycled from previous projects, the rest was made for this challenge. Lots of the stuff is painted by hand, except the grass and the trees (mask painted them with some images I found on google)

15 Likes

It was, I wanted to make them look like chocolate.

3 Likes

It was a lot of fun using a limited colour palette and fewer materials. Very useful to try out.

17 Likes

This is such a beautiful scene, and the sheep is adorable! I do have to wonder how you made the tree leaves, though, they look really good.

3 Likes

Thank you. I really like yours this week. It looks nice and warm, while I’m sat at the computer in a jumper and a hat.

The leaves are just particles on a sphere. I made a collection of two leaves and just changed leaf shape and particle size/randomness until I was happy with it. I found it better to make the leaf look like a collection of leaves going in different directions then make it smaller and increase the number.

4 Likes

There haven’t been any new submissions in recent days :disappointed_relieved: I was so eager to see what everyone had planned for this week

Hi, for me participating in the blender collab, is a time-consuming project.
I’m working in different directions. But here’s a project from 2015, not original. But it’s banana yellow and one of my favourite figures. Simple in design, but enough variance in details (hair, glasses).

9 Likes

I was a little sick this week, my picture is going to be sad…

Hopefully you’re feeling better. It is tough to be motivated when not feeling well.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, I feel better now!

1 Like

I aimed to add in another autumn feature of a fungus with my yellow leaves. It is a Shaggy Inkcap, a grassland occurring species. Been out and about taking photos of various fungi last few weeks. Got photos of leaves to use as well, making them images with alpha.

13 Likes

That’s nice! One of the ones that looks inedible, but actually is. A chanterelle would have been a good yellow one, or maybe even chaga, but that’s more orange than yellow, I suppose. I love the leaf particle system you have going on there too, very nice.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms