Blender Collab: Week 36 "Magic Shop"

We’ve got some really good submissions this week including a couple that may still be in progress so I wanted to drop in a reminder that we’re into the final hours.

1 Like

Hey, can you take the potions one into the voting poll? :slight_smile: Haven’t got time to place the two props together with more :slight_smile:

will do :+1:

How Many Hours Do We Have Left, I Have Got My Modelling Wok Complete Now On Timleine Stuff is Left

just a bit over 3 hours. If you’re doing an animation you may wish to consider going ahead and posting a still shot now and updating with the animation when you get it finished. Depending on complexity, length, and quality (not to mention your computer) it can take hours or even days to render an animation.

hmm first going to make some good render images to post and then start rendering animation
may be share it later

1 Like

My submission is the first image of the full shop, but I rendered with a second camera and some depth of field to show more details.
All of the textures are procedural, except the books and wallpaper. Those are just google image results that I brought in and made my own roughness and bump maps from the base albedo images.
I think I still struggle with really good lighting to make the images really pop, but I’m happy with my modeling abilities and work flows.

15 Likes

A BeautiFull Shop Hidden Inside A Tree By Some Magic

I Quickly Rendered Some Frames And This Is My Final Submission

Hope It Make Sense It Is Late Night For Me So I Have To Do It Roughly But Once Completed I Will Share It For Sure
8 Likes

My shop is lighter. I didn’t have time enough to make all as I wanted. Just a scene inside.

22 Likes

You’re so good at people/characters. I’m still absolutely terrible at humans and proportions.

3 Likes

Didn’t get the chance to participate in this week’s collab, have been busy with several things and also couldn’t figure out what to make. Great job on all your submissions, but as of now, my vote is cast to @Sblendid’s potions, really nice effects and textures! A bit empty though, but still really good.

1 Like

Thank you! I have some experience in drawing people. And you in this short time managed to create a really magic atmosphere in your shop, I like it!

2 Likes

This week and last week the faces you make are so impressive.

Thank you! They are the same! Magician was a White knight, girl - a Cartoon character (Alisa Selesneva) with a different hair color. May be, it"s cheating…

1 Like

Spent the morning playing with the lighting for my submission as I really wasn’t happy with the Orangy look of the last render (looks more tan on my secondary monitor). As I’m pretty much out of time to play with this here is where I ended up.

9 Likes

I don’t think that’s cheating at all. I’ve said it before and again here, having an asset library that you can pull from can really help the creative process and make an easier, more efficient workflow.

3 Likes

It’s that time ladies, gentlemen, and gentleothers. Submissions are closed and voting is now open. I was going to do a multi-vote poll this time but had a bunch of trouble getting the forum to accept the images.

Voting criteria is: whatever you want it to be (ie: Most Artistic, Best Rendered, Funniest, Most Impactful, etc). The only restriction is ***NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF***.

PS: Poll closed

10 Likes

@Blest I voted for you. You are really very good at making the characters. But I like @Sblendid magic potion also. If I had a chance I would have voted for you both.

1 Like

Congratulations to @Blest, this week’s winner

5 Likes

Well deserved winner this week, and thanks for hosting it @Capricas_Kirito.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms