Baking a Cavity Texture

Sorry back again I was trying to make the cavity texture and it just comes out black I didn’t change anything from baking the normals. I did read around and try to fix it one person was on an older blender and updated to 3.2 to fix it but I am on 4.0 so that would be a bit backwards and the other one I saw had the sameish issue as me of the viewer node not coming up so I pugged in an emission node to fix that but still black image

Though I also don’t think the pointiness thing is working right to start with above it is on and below it is off but I see no change myself

1 Like

Check these articles:

Looks like there is no effect of the pointiness which may be the root of the issue.

If you can not see any, then there is probably nothing to bake.

The viewer node is no longer needed, in later versions. The direct connection it now creates acts in the same way as if there was a viewer/emission node.

I have done a simple test and it all does work. 4.0.1

I have closed up the Colour Ramp tags more though.

Yeah it seems to have been some weird glitch with the pointiness not working in that file. I appended the objects to a new file and tried again from the start and it magically worked I don’t really get what was going on with it when I was trying it in the main file maybe I’m just a bug magnet.

2 Likes

Well done. It is a standard bug get past method. It may be you hit some random shortcut without knowing that did something that stopped it working.
Rather like sometimes people ‘lose’ their object. It gets pushed into isolation mode/local view. Baffling until you know to check for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms