2024 Collab: Week 6 “Romance” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 6 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Romance”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-02-10T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Old project “Be my valentine”

not participating.

Developing a random character is easy to do. Applying a default rig too.
But then I noticed his arms are too short (can not bend over his belly).
You can change the position of the bones but then huge stretching of some faces and unwanted deformations. Conclusion, It’s not easy developing a useful animation character.
Next project :slight_smile:

6 Likes

W.I.P

Final

7 Likes

I’ve created this animation months ago from a still image and it was more of an animation experiment I guess. I’ve seperated the image to its layers and animated the camera to create a motion…

KO-ezgif.com-resize (2)

I was not participating here for a while now so I wanted to participate this week and I revisited several unfinished projects of mine to get some inspiration.

Here is another render that I’ve tweaked to reflect this week’s subject in a way by adding a rose to the characher’s hand :upside_down_face:

I am not sure if I will have time to improve these and not sure which one to improve as well honestly :smiley:

7 Likes

Did you investigate Grease Pencil, for the animation part?

yes I did, but I only managed to add some colour to the seperate layers without revisiting photoshop. In general grease pencil’s workflow seems most difficult to undersand for me…

1 Like

I’m currently in a difficult stage of my relationship, so this is how I feel “my romance” now
Lots of SVG, grease pencil, emission and “Sin City” inspiration

7 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 7 “Gothic” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Romance” challenge may select a subject for next week 8 and win a badge.

1 Like

I slightly changed the concept and added a character waiting on the window even though she is not visible in the video she is there :smiley:

GIFMaker_me1-ezgif.com-resize

this rain simulation in cycles with 1000 samples took 1 day on a 1070 gtx laptop. Rain splashes on the roof make it so loong I guess and I will never choose above 256 from now on with this laptop :sweat_smile:.

Here is my literally last minute submission:

5 Likes

oops it seems I was late :smiley:

Congratulations for this “Romance” Collab goes to @Lintari. With a different view on romance.

• consummatumest - A very nice composition with a lot of work. I think the rose is barely visible, intended to give the scene a romantic feel.
  • Willrun - Glass is difficult! I think the white (blue) light is to present in the scene. I would expect more candlelight shadows.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms