2024 Collab: Week 7 “Gothic” VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 7 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Gothic”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-02-17T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

This is a gothic cemetery of past deadlines, based on the New Yorker magazine illustration by Drew Dernavich

15 Likes

Gothic inspired interior

9 Likes

i like what you did with the roof :slight_smile:

1 Like

Older project. I made before.

Lytchgate.
Church, well is is only a bit of it is there, was photogrammetry. Backgrounds is a photo.
Gate based on a real one elsewhere.

12 Likes

didn’t get time this week supposed to be a gargoyle on a ledge at the top of a building

7 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry. The new subject week 8 “Transparent” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Gothic” challenge may select a subject for next week 9 and win a badge.

3 Likes

Congratulations to @NP5 on his very detailed and realistic scene of Gothic architecture.
The use of various techniques comes into its own.

• anastasions - An illustration that illustrates our good intentions and the difficulty of keeping them. The main subject isn’t the graphics but the texts. Its readability could be improved.
  • Kzana - Beautiful ceiling, but not specifically Gothic ( I can’t find the real expression here for this kind of colorful design). I would have chosen to paint images in the windows.
  • Willrun - A Very good start for a Gothic statue. But it is too dark. If you added a nightly (city) background, the shape would be more clearly visible. With the same light. I would continue this project and finish it.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms