2024 Collab: Week 5 “Hobbies and recreation” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 5 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Hobbies and recreation”.

• Hobbies and recreation
    • Recreation is an activity of leisure, leisure being discretionary time.
    • A hobby is considered to be a regular activity that is done for enjoyment, typically during one’s leisure time. Hobbies include collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports, or pursuing other amusements.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 3, 2024 “Fire brigade” winner jimmie

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-02-03T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Blender 3D print

16 Likes

Wow I remember this one! You finished it and even painted it. Looks sooo good! Does it float too?

1 Like

Yes, it floats, but not flat-centered (it tilts).

2 Likes

The topology is so “clean”… wow.

1 Like

Nice to see how this came on. Has it sailed yet?

1 Like

Damn you have really made waves with that model! Smooth sailing to the finish line I think :). Sorry, love it, really is insane!

2 Likes

It was hard to do (to keep so), because for 3D-printing, you need dense mesh on curves. But my laptop isn’t capable of handling many vertices. I did manual cleanup many times.
At the end I had different files with parts. Which lead to project management problems (assets).

Then I wanted to have high details for render projects. But then those details could not be printed, because they where too small. So this project went in all directions :wink:

And on top of it, I lost my project. Not sure what happened I have currently only an old backup.

Would be nice. On Ali-Express you can buy this model (not very detailed and very, very basic) but ready for remote control. My project was more a showcase model, as a present for my brother.

2 Likes

I remember this one as well. This looks lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This is a completed project for sure! :smiley:

almost done

9 Likes

“Let’s go. In and out, 20 minutes adventure.”
I wanted to create a simple art, which, however, threw up a whole bunch of snags. I spent, of course, not six days, but only three hours, but it was fun

And additional art that you don’t need to take part in this week collab (I made this character a long time ago and not for this week)

8 Likes

the whole setup looks reallt good. but I think the keys on the keyboard are a bit too small

2 Likes

I like your scene. Starting from the corners of the puzzle and going in. Realistic and thought put into it! But for some reason your pretty character seems to be pasted ontop of the picture. There’s something missing. Maybe depth of field. Some focus of the lens

2 Likes

I used a couple different references but changed some stuff up.

1 Like

Love the emission you gave on the keyboard next to the keys and everything else. Literally just the size of the keys that stood out to me as unusual

2 Likes

I agree. Something like this?

4 Likes

yes like this, but maybe even more. what do you want viewers to look at? I think the character looks really nice and the puzzle on the floor that she’s interacting with. I think you can put everything else way more out of focus. like really blur the reast out

2 Likes

Thanks. I did give the deck a different shape from the original and instead of the keycaps being flat, I made the top of most of them concave and the space bar convex, but not sure.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms