2024 Collab: Week 4 “Office life” - VOTE CLOSED

Lamp, pot plant, picture on the wall - next up I’m going to attempt to make a laptop so we’ll see how that goes… Working with lighting in Eevee is much harder than Cycles, that’s for sure.

9 Likes

haha that reminded me of when I spent an equal amount of time modeling that same piece back when I was first learning Blender. Animated Lamp - Laser Scene It was a tough one. But can also relate to the satisfaction of being able to finish what you visualized. Keep on the good work. Your scene is looking great so far

4 Likes

Thanks Gordon! That animated scene of yours is incredible.

3 Likes

Incredibly poorly lit. You have the upgraded version :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Here’s my final image for the Collab. I wanted a low-key feel for this one, a nice calm environment. Loved doing all the objects and I can definitely see where I need more practice. Thank you for all the help along the way!
:slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Looking good, i love the final result :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok heres my entry, i’ve been doing the rigging and animation cource at the moment to i used this as an excuse to rig something :slight_smile:
The unposed rig

The final render

16 Likes

Well this knocks it out of the park!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Old project!

It’s not completely hitting the subject. Just adding diversity to the Collab.
Blender version 2.81 :wink:

12 Likes

Work in progress. As always, there wasn’t enough time…

15 Likes

looking good, i love little world type art :slight_smile:
Also i love the texture you used on the floor, very cool

1 Like

Still not sure if chewing gum goes in an office setup

13 Likes

As far as I got

11 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 5 “hobbies-and-recreation” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Office Life” challenge may select a subject for next week 6 and win a badge.

5 Likes

Well done, Jimmie! Very well deserved!

3 Likes

Thank you, but i was not at all confindent this week, your models were so clean i thought you’d run home with it, and all entry’s were strong, i’m very suprised :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes a good set this week tough call.

3 Likes

That little guy with the red light waving his fists in the air - that did it for me, yours is FULL of humour!

2 Likes

@jimmie congratulations on your funny entry on the Collab subject “Office life”. I like the interpretation of office workers doing repetitive work and related frustration.
Your composition is good, nice usage of cinematic composition rules. Subtitle camera blur, and an eye for details.

• GeoffW - All attributes of a generic office are there (I miss a chair) and presented. But I miss a story, a central idea in the composition. I love the sun highlights-shadows. The way of dispersion of the light and shadow revealed the use of a point lamp (not a sun).
  • Kzanna - First impression, beautiful soft and warm lighting! Giving the expectation of a realistic scene. But then the furniture is very basic, even rough. I think if you gave a better-fitted dimension to the office furniture, it would improve the scene.
  • Willrun - Great technical progress in your work. I like the depth of your scene, the repetitiveness of an office, and the construction lines (room, cables on the ceiling, armatures). All part of cinematography basics, well done. And above all, I like the glass reflections. I do have the feeling that the dimensions of some objects are a bit off.
  • Joey_Cuevas - It’s like an employee has a boring day and creates a fun object with office equipment lying around. Very nice Idea. Maybe you intended to make it human size like.
    Because of the camera position chosen makes it big. A scene where it sits on a desk would be more logical, in my opinion.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms