2024 Collab: Week 36 “Vertigo” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 36 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Vertigo”.

• Vertigo - You want to design a game concept where impossible heights and very narrow and dangerous passages over high places are the main ingredient. Try to find a place, thing, situation where this dizziness concept applies. High speeds and crazy falls are also welcome.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 34, 2024 “Terrarium" winner Megane_Wang

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-09-07T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

vertigo

This one’s definitely a tough prompt. I came up with this idea initially. It’s very different and abstract from what I usually do, but I kinda dig it. I have one other idea I’d like to try, but might leave it at this.

10 Likes

It looks great and you’ve even captured a 1960’s vibe. Very Hitchcock of you.

5 Likes

Hitchcock was the inspiration!

2 Likes

It’s a great entry I haven’t had time to work on an entry this week as my schedule has gotten nuts. I hope others are able to participate this week. I’m curious to see what people think of when they think Vertigo (Hitchcock was.my first thought, too).

2 Likes

Well, there’s still some time left. If not, then I suppose I’ll do my best to pick an easier topic for next time.

2 Likes

I am afraid I am on the same situation. I have an idea, but my customers had a different idea of my agenda :woman_shrugging:, and I think I am not going to be able to do much.

3 Likes

Nah, it’s not the subject. I won’t have much time over the next two months to contribute here. I will be around to watch, encourage, and enjoy everyone’s work. Once November comes around, my life slows down a bit and I can return to some Blender bliss.

2 Likes

:+1:
I can’t really do a whole lot either, and that’s why I try to do the same thing.

1 Like

Uh-oh…

Now with a target and a bit less cloudy, and this is the one for today:

Note: I removed the target because having a specific target is a way to avoid vertigo :wink:

8 Likes

That’s giving me vertigo just looking at it! I was thinking of doing something from the game Mirror’s Edge, which evokes this kind of feeling as you parkour and race over rooftops. But alas…time.

4 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 37 “Here There Be Dragons” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Vertigo” challenge may select a subject for next week 38 and win a badge.

3 Likes

To give it a more dramatic look, those clouds could be blurred falling raindrops … maybe for a next challenge :wink:

1 Like

Good idea, I will look for a way to do it! :smiley: In fact I also wanted to give it a try at dusk, with buildings’ lights that would have “highlighted” the way down.

2 Likes

First you switch on the mist data channel, so that the compositor gets aware of this data type.
This is nothing more then a value of distance to the camera. The further away the higher the value (the mist).

Then you need the compositor and World > Mist pass properties to do the trick.
These mist properties convert the layer of mist distance to the cam.

used in:

6 Likes

Wow, thank you for the explanation, I will try this!

2 Likes

@Megane_Wang Congratulations on your winning Vertigo entry. If you have a fear of heights this is a great example to experience your fears. The subject is well developed here.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms