2024 Collab: Week 35 “Underwater” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 35 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Underwater”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-08-31T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

8 Likes

I tried something, but I have a problem with the lighting and background and there are things I need to fix. :smiley:

10 Likes

I like that it feels like a 3D version of Minesweeper :smiley: It’s a great idea. Have you tried adding a volume cube inside the water? You can then use an area or spotlight above the water to create volumetric light rays into the water. Also, for a final version, I would definitely zoom in more so we can see the mines and submarine more clearly.

2 Likes

I’m planning on using many of the scene assets from the “Found Under the Sea” collab week. But I’m working on a treasure chest since I didn’t have time to make one for the “Treasure” week (I barely had time to do a pirate bust and hand). So I’m combining some collab weeks together :rofl:.
Here’s the WIP of the treasure chest.

12 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice, I will try. :smiley:

The chest looks very good and it has nice details.

I think it’s better than first one.

10 Likes

I suppose I could make a terrible joke about lockjaw… ;D

Really enjoying the kraken theme to this chest, very nice!

1 Like

Prescient of the person whose chest it was to decorate it with nautical themes, and death imagery skulls, like they knew it would be lost at sea! :grin:
Nice chest though.

3 Likes

Got my submission in just in time! A bit similar to the last challenge, but I think it turned out well.

rumbottle

@CptMirana Yeah, I think your submarine looks better from this angle!

@mfortunato Man, all your stuff always looks so professional! The details all over the chest look great.

15 Likes

That’s look very good. Nice animation btw.

1 Like

I love this style!

1 Like

This looks fantastic, @xealstrag! You have really nailed the style. It has a claymation look to it. It’s really lovely, quirky, and delightful.

1 Like

That looks fantastic! I love how the crabs are playing dress-up with the treasure ^v^

1 Like

This looks great! You get a sense of the danger now. If you’re not going to show the edges of the water, to show it’s like a box, you may want to adjust the sand so it doesn’t just cut off squarely. Maybe extend the plane further or add a bit more volume density to hide the edge line.

3 Likes

Thank you very much again, I’ll fix it right away.

10 Likes

I am working on this… let’s see what comes out of it.

A bit more “under water” feeling.

I had shown a next step in this story, but I finally will keep this one.

14 Likes

That looks great.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms