2024 Collab: Week 34 “Terrarium” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Terrarium”.

• Terrarium - A terrarium is usually a sealable glass container containing soil and plants that can be opened for maintenance to access the plants inside; however, terraria can also be open to the atmosphere. Terraria are often kept as ornamental items.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 32, 2024 “Isometric" winner DustyUnicorn

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-08-24T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Old project, not participating

9 Likes

Nice topic! I’ll be out of town next week, so I’m gonna try to submit something this weekend. Also, the deadline should be next Saturday, not today, right?

4 Likes

That’s correct - I’d change it myself, but I’m not totally sure how and I don’t want to screw anything up XD

3 Likes

Here’s what I have so far. I might leave it at this, but I’ll probably tweak it some more tomorrow.

Final piece! Tinkered with some textures. I gave it a subtle animation here..

16 Likes

@BH67 , @xealstrag yes, you are correct. I forgotten to change the date in the template. The enddate is 24 aug.

4 Likes

This looks great @xealstrag! You are really improving on the clean, soft, round bevel look you were working towards. Well done!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think it’s really cool how radically different people’s interpretations of the theme can get. Both of these are nice pieces, and yet it’s literally a difference of night and day between them in every regard =)

3 Likes

This glass is killing me. And the dragon. And the cave. And the terrarium. And I have no ideas for the background…
I give up :weary:

5 Likes

It looks nice. I also had a hard time trying to make the glass :laughing:

2 Likes

It looks great :star_struck:!

3 Likes

Living in a terrarium. Still hope to improve a few things.

Working on vegetation and water… and this is the one :smiley:.

8 Likes

I used to have one of these guys, they’re adorable and eat their poop a lot.

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 35 “Underwater” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Terrarium” challenge may select a subject for next week 36 and win a badge.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Megane_Wang on your realistic terrarium submission. A beautiful sunny and calm composition of all expected elements in a terrarium. Many details as in a humid environment. The right details for a terrarium!

• xealstrag - Beautiful layout in a specific style. Maybe too different for the subject. Adding an animal would help to make it more of a terrarium.
  • Kzanna - Nice execution of a terrarium! But I think the emphasis is on the packaging and not on the content. I mean the subject the dragon in his environment is hardly visible. Zoom in more on the subject? Lose the frame, just glass?
  • CptMirana - Stylish but maybe a bit too fairytale-like. Here too, more attention should be paid to the subject itself. Zooming in on the fireflies in a natural environment.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Your comments are very valuable for me, thank you very much.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms