2024 Collab: Week 28 “In the summertime” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 28 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “In the summertime”.

• In the summertime - This is anything that you readily think of when you hear the words “In the summertime”. It can be a thing, a place, a feeling. Or anything you think of when you listen to Mungo Jerry singing “In the summertime”. Warning: it’s one of “those” songs that may keep sounding in your mind for hours :grin:!
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 26, 2024 “Ooh Fuzzy!" winner Megane_Wang

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-07-13T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

I decided to go for something a bit more simple than some of my previous entries and project what I wish I could be doing this summer - anything to stave off this insane heat! :rofl:

11 Likes

I also wanted some wind and water. I would still work on it but at least hair is growing on the little heads now, so it is fine :relaxed: :grin:

10 Likes

The sky in this one is really interesting to me. It actually feels more like a sun-rise to me than a sunset. Funny how we can all interpret things so differently eh?

1 Like

I feel like that beach ball has some verrrry interesting stories to tell, lol! ^v^

1 Like

It’s wonderful, @Megane_Wang. I love the playfulness of it. And I like that the ball is deflated - there’s a story in this scene. Great job - whether you “finish” it or not, it looks great as is.

1 Like

Depends on where you live. I live in California so the sun only sets over the ocean. When I lived in NYC, the opposite was true. And I find that sunrises do not have these colors here. They are beautiful but not as intense as sunsets.

1 Like

Old props, assets (2019) used in a animation.

10 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 29 “It`s a low poly world” has already started. The winner of this week’s “In the summertime” challenge may select a subject for next week 30 and win a badge.

1 Like

This week Collab congratulations goes to @Megane_Wang with her sunny entry of “in the summertime”. it shows beautiful and enjoyable aspects of summer.

Apparently everyone associates “In the summer” with water and swimming…

• mfortunato - Well done scene.
  • FedPete - Maybe a bit too simple.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms